BMW Werkz banner

airconditioning stays down after turning off ignition

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Jack Dabsy 
#1 ·
hello,
i have a 320D touring 2001 and i have now the problem that the airconditioning keeps running while the ignition is off. this drains the battery. i have pulled the CB of the airconditioning, 28 62 63, but that does not help.
Has anybody seen this before? how to solve this? how to disable the airconditioning? now i am left with taking off the battery everytime i park otherwise the battery will be flat.
many thanks
wizzard

#3 ·
hi Dabsy,
nice plates! thanks for quick reply.
if it is not the aircon but the fan that remains on what can i do about this? i find it strange that having poppod the cb's aircon/heater that the fan would still be running. is this straight wired to the battery? and so where can i found it to disable this, could it be a temperature sensing mechanism be?
again thanks for reply

#4 ·
You're welcome...
The aircon clutch is activated electrically, as while the engine is running, the belt still turns its pulley... Engine off, no aircon. Could be a short in the wiring to the blower, or that damn "hedgehog" resistor connected to the blower !!

#6 ·
This can be a pain to get to, in my UK car it is under the driver's footwell towards the centre (Right-side) attached to the blower... These were updated late nineties but still caused issues (not as much).
Worth testing the wiring etc. before blaming that (unless you can get a spare to swap/test)...
HTH

Just to add - BMW's are vertually identical world-wide, just the steering wheel on opposite sides lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.