BMW Werkz banner

Airbag Warning Light/steering wheel fascia

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  chrisdavies62 
#1 ·
I have just replaced the bottom half fascia on my 318 E46's steering wheel & now airbag warning light is on - i did disconnect battery before removing airbag & all seems connected ok - any ideas please??

#4 ·
Cheers guys - i've since noticed i didnt plug airbag plug in completely so assume thats why light has come on - just a bit annoyed as now gonna cost me £25+ to get light reset!!! Unless anyone knows of somewhere near Bedford thats cheaper?? (without buying diagnostics unit)

#5 ·
Thats why it came on then... I thought it a bit strange it had come on as you did disconnect the battery prior, if you were nearer me I would reset it for you but Bedford is a bit far.....

#10 ·
Just for future reference, you DON'T need to unplug your airbag to change the bottom trim piece.

I did this just recently. You still disconnect the battery but all you do is hold the air bag out of the way when you slide the trim piece off. It saves you from getting that airbag light turned on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.