Aftermrket GPS for BMW 3 series - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 06:15 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bobfido is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Aftermrket GPS for BMW 3 series

Hi Friends! I am new to this forum. I am wondering what is the best way to add a aftermarket GPS and Reverse Camera to a BMW 3 series. Replacing the factory audio with a single-din unit may be the way to go. But you then loss all BMW factory feature of the factory audio. It is also a pain to loss the steering wheel control. I have fiberglass a 7 inch GPS with AV in unit to the dash, which provide GPS function and reverse camera function. It looks OK. However, it could be further improve depend on how many hours work would you like to spend on your fiberglass. If anyone is interested, I can show you some photos.

Kind regard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 PM
n00b

sonspot is on a distinguished road
why not post them here for all to see, seems simpler to me.

thanks

2001 330I, sport/Premium/cold weather package, short shifter with M3 weighted knob, clear corners, 60 led angle eyes
#3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 08:52 PM
n00b

Bobfido is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Hi; Sonspot: I have now uploaded a couple of photos. It is a Lazy job. The best should be by making a mode from a BMW factory dash (if one of your friend has a BMW with factory GPS). The Mode need to protrude out by 2 to 3 cm in order to fit a 7 inch GPS if you don't want to cut out a piece of your factory Dash. Power supply easily hide behind the dash and connect it to the Ciggeret Lighter. The whole unit can be screw down to the dash or simply used double side tape. It took me a Sunday to finish the job. I am sure other people with experience in working with fiberglass can do a much better and faster job, and may be able to make a small profit by selling them.

Sorry, I can not figure out how to insert image to this post. I have sen to your email address and you can load them here.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)