BMW Werkz banner

Aftermarket car navigation systems for 3 Series

19K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  alexpnn 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a 2004 BMW 325I Sedan and I have been considering getting an aftermarket navigation system for it. (The reason I did not buy a BMW with factory installed navigation system was because this car without the navigation system had been in the dealer lot for some time and I got the dealer make me an offer for almost $3500 below the MSRP price.)

Has anyone had any experience with the aftermarket navigation systems out there? Pioneer's latest AVIC-N1 navigation system looks good but I am not sure if it's fully compatible with the BMW 3 series. Any comments about this matter are welcome.

#2 ·
This should probably be in the audio section....

I sell the Pioneer unit you speak of, and as far as aftermarket DIN sized integrated mobile tuners with DVD AND Nav. is concerned, IMO it is the best to date. It will seamlessly integrate with the e46 (save the amber illumination) and you may even retain the steering wheel controls (if so equiped) with the use of a $60 adaptor.

Lemme know if you have any specific questions concerning this or any other mobile audio/video :D

#7 ·
Originally posted by jllphan@Jul 10 2004, 09:49 PM
This should probably be in the audio section....

I sell the Pioneer unit you speak of, and as far as aftermarket DIN sized integrated mobile tuners with DVD AND Nav. is concerned, IMO it is the best to date. It will seamlessly integrate with the e46 (save the amber illumination) and you may even retain the steering wheel controls (if so equiped) with the use of a $60 adaptor.

Lemme know if you have any specific questions concerning this or any other mobile audio/video :D
Do you hav e pictures of this installed, links to web site, etc? Sound interesting!

Thanks

#10 ·
I have the AVIC-N1 installed in my car and works very well, if your factory radio has RDS the aftermarket steering wheel controllers will not work, I have try 2 different ones, the peripheral and the one by bitz, but you can get the optional steering wheel control that attaches on by pioneer and comeswith the voice commander, it works very. AVIC-N1 makes the factory speaker sound alot bettter.
The bad part is having to close the AC vents so the back of the screen doesn't built moisture.
I will post some pics tomorrow if want to see how it looks,

Originally posted by KwlAznKid@Sep 22 2004, 07:04 PM
how much for the navi system? thanks
[snapback]197106[/snapback]​

#11 ·
Car Navigation System Required: London Taxi Company

HI ,

We are a taxi company Hummingbird Cars in London. We provide Airport Transfer service from all london airports.

We have recently started our new business and we require to buy Car navigation system or Tom Toms . Can anyone suggest which company is the best and where we can get the best deals.

London Airport Taxi Cab Transfer Service : Your Official London Airport Minicab Car Transfer Service: Airport Cab | Airport Taxi - Heathrow, Gatwick, BAA Stansted, London City, Luton

Thank you

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.