BMW Werkz banner

Adding Clear Lenses To My 2000 Bmw 323i

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jisang1 
#1 ·
Hey,

I was planning to all clear lenses all around on my 2000 BMW 323i. I looked on Ebay, and for $200 approx I can get clear lenses for the headlights and taillights. I'm proud of my car, but thought that this is a small upgrade that I can afford!!!

Has anyone else out there done this to their car? If you did it to a 2000 BMW, were there any problems?

Thanks,
jisang1.

#2 ·
A friend of mine did the same thing, got em off ebay. He said it was easy plug and play. His car was a 2000 328Ci. I haven't had the money to do anything like that yet.

Dough

#3 ·
Originally posted by doughboyea@Feb 14 2005, 10:23 AM
A friend of mine did the same thing, got em off ebay. He said it was easy plug and play. His car was a 2000 328Ci. I haven't had the money to do anything like that yet.

Dough
[snapback]291664[/snapback]​

After looking carefully on Ebay, it seems like the upgrade will cost me $250. However, one seller on Ebay siad that he is selling the set because the day he installed them on his car, he got a ticket since these clear lenses are 'Illegal in NY'. I'm shocked by this - has anyone else had such an experience?

Thanks,

#5 ·
I did all mine and had no problems but I spent way less than $250 on ebay. I think I spent about $250 and also got the M3 lip style spoiler. I installed them myself and it was very easy..you should not have any problems. Here are some pics of mine

Attachments

#6 ·
Originally posted by jisang1+Feb 14 2005, 10:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jisang1 @ Feb 14 2005, 10:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-doughboyea@Feb 14 2005, 10:23 AM
A friend of mine did the same thing, got em off ebay.  He said it was easy plug and play.  His car was a 2000 328Ci.  I haven't had the money to do anything like that yet.

Dough
[snapback]291664[/snapback]​

After looking carefully on Ebay, it seems like the upgrade will cost me $250. However, one seller on Ebay siad that he is selling the set because the day he installed them on his car, he got a ticket since these clear lenses are 'Illegal in NY'. I'm shocked by this - has anyone else had such an experience?

Thanks,
[snapback]291679[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the reply, and for clearing up the 'ticket' situation. $250 is for the stock style lights in clear instead of orange, i.e. the back will have three lines - RED, WHITE and RED. The style ENVY M3 has are nice, but were different from what I had in mind. What kind are you selling Klearz? Also, is $40 for the set of front AND back?

Thanks,

#7 ·
what i am making is an extra copy of the stock lens but in all clear.
40$ is the price i gave for a set of the clear corner (in the headlight)
are there corners in the back or are you refering to side markers?
pictures are always helpful :)

Thanks for the reply, and for clearing up the 'ticket' situation. $250 is for the stock style lights in clear instead of orange, i.e. the back will have three lines - RED, WHITE and RED. The style ENVY M3 has are nice, but were different from what I had in mind. What kind are you selling Klearz? Also, is $40 for the set of front AND back?

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.