Adaptive Xenon Lights - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 09:31 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
vargonen is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
ghead

friends,

i am having lights problems for last one week, i had done about 1.500 kms in 10 days, but in these days while driving across country, all cars think that my high beam lights are on, but only my xenon lights are on.

When they open their high beam lights , i opened mine and they understand it. But i am having real big problem because i am travelling alot, today a car infront of me think that i have the high beams and we were about to argue about it...

my dealer told me that there is a sensor under the car that senses some stuff for
adaptice headlights, if i hit somepart of it , it could not work right. but there is no error on the screen and i could clearly see the road.

Do you have any idea about that?

my car 2004 3 series coupe with m body kit. and full.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 09:58 PM
n00b

tedmacwpg is an unknown quantity at this point
I only know what I've read from the manual and various places online, which state that there are sensors on each axle (front & rear) that measure the longitudinal angle of the car and then use that data, along with speedometer readings, to decide how to angle the lights.

As the dealer mentioned, maybe you have a stuck/broken sensor that is causing the lights to tilt up unusually high?

Quote:
Originally posted by vargonen@Jul 15 2005, 07:31 PM
ghead

friends,

i am having lights problems for last one week, i had done about 1.500 kms in 10 days, but in these days while driving across country, all cars think that my high beam lights are on, but only my xenon lights are on.

When they open their high beam lights , i opened mine and they understand it. But i am having real big problem because i am travelling alot, today a car infront of me think that i have the high beams and we were about to argue about it...

my dealer told me that there is a sensor under the car that senses some stuff for
adaptice headlights, if i hit somepart of it , it could not work right. but there is no error on the screen and i could clearly see the road.

[snapback]362648[/snapback]
#3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 09:58 PM
2nd Gear Member

M3Rider is an unknown quantity at this point
It should be warranteed, just go to the dealer and tell the fucker to fix it, then just sign where it says balance due $0.00

My Car
2004 330ci
Exterior: Alpine White
Interior: Black
Options: <span style='color:red'>Performance Pkg</span>, <span style='color:green'>Cold Weather</span>, <span style='color:blue'>Xenon</span>, <span style='color:yellow'>Moonroof</span>
#4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 04:17 AM
n00b

vargonen is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
When i am riding the car, the lights work perfect, i dont think they are unsually high cos, i could see the road very well. I dediced to try to travel in day time not nights Until gooing back to dealer.

Quote:
Originally posted by tedmacwpg+Jul 16 2005, 03:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tedmacwpg @ Jul 16 2005, 03:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I only know what I've read from the manual and various places online, which state that there are sensors on each axle (front & rear) that measure the longitudinal angle of the car and then use that data, along with speedometer readings, to decide how to angle the lights.

As the dealer mentioned, maybe you have a stuck/broken sensor that is causing the lights to tilt up unusually high?

<!--QuoteBegin-vargonen
@Jul 15 2005, 07:31 PM
ghead

friends,

[snapback]362648[/snapback]
[snapback]362658[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)