acceleration of 330Ci - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ohrid is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hey guys, I don't know if this topic has been raised before, but i have noticed that US BMW's and Eurpean/Australian BMW's have different HP/KW quotes.
Example: 330Ci in US has 225HP, whereas in Europe and OZ, it is quoted as 231HP.
Is this true?, and why is that so? also, does this affect the overall performance, as in 0-100km/h or 1/4mile?

One more thing, since the revised 3-series coupe last yr, with the 6-speed box in the 330Ci, does that give better acceleration performance compared to the previous 330Ci with a 5-speed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Neutral Member

BlackMamba is an unknown quantity at this point
The reason why Euro specs are higher is because the U.S. has strict emission laws plus the Europeans think we drive slower , we all know this is not true but they seem to believe that because we have slower speed limits that we will not speed (right! ).
#3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 03:10 AM
3rd Gear Member

Mr White G is an unknown quantity at this point
Why would we(europeans) think that americans drive slower? You have got enough empty road to hoon it around everywhere! I think we drive slower because you can only drive 2 miles before getting stuck in traffic.

You say you have strict emission laws but some of the tanks that roll around your roads are loopy. Doesn't the H2 get 1 mile/gallon gas mileage under hard acceleration?

I think it is just the german's getting revenge for WW2. :lol: Why else wouldn't you get the proper M3 engine? That's just mean.

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;So my BM makes me a flash bastard? Then I guess you're just keeping it real from the seat of your nova?&quot;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
#4 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 04:53 AM
5th Gear Member

brien4787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brien4787
naw, it is emissions laws.
US government does not require the H2 to meet federal fuel efficiency regulations. Hummer isn't even required to publish its fuel economy

even if you debaffle your air box on your bmw, shops wont even run a smog test for you.(at least not in california)

i hate H2s by the way. there is a site http://fuh2.com/ . most those guys are pussies though(under the picture section)...

i love a few of their quotes they have.

"Based on G.M.'s optimistic claim that it gets13 mpg, an H2 will produce 3.4 metric tons of carbon emissions in a typical year"
that shit is gross

"The H2 is a death machine. You'd better hope that you don't collide with an H2 in your economy car. You can kiss your ass goodbye thanks to the H2's massive weight and raised bumpers. Too bad you couldn't afford an urban assault vehicle of your own."

!
#5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 05:06 AM
3rd Gear Member

Are you saying that the H2's emissions are SO bad that it doesn't get tested? I don't get it. 'No' M3 but a 3 tonne carbon shitting ego-wagon..... used

Would that have anything to do with certain govenors of certain western states by any chance?

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;So my BM makes me a flash bastard? Then I guess you're just keeping it real from the seat of your nova?&quot;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
#6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Neutral Member

cakman2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to cakman2 Send a message via MSN to cakman2 Send a message via Yahoo to cakman2
No possible way that thing emits 3 tons of emissions. Its just a Tahoe that looks like a Hummer. Also, there are quite a bit more BMWs on the road here than Hummers.

I do agree that we kicked Germany's ass in WWII though and they are still mad. :nana
#7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:50 AM
3rd Gear Member

3 tonnes..... easy.

Just think: Civic type R = 212g of co2 / km

If you drive 15000kms per year, 15000*212=3,180,000g or 3,180kgs of co2 annually. (company car so I know this)

I have answered my own question now, Hummers are exempt due to their weight! nearly 4 tonnes.

Dirty earth-raping puke wagon.

I suggest that everyone keeps a magic marker in their car and when ever you see a hummer, you should write the owner a note on his bonnet telling him how much you want the eurospec M3.

#8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 11:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Relevart is an unknown quantity at this point
Folks,
I am not a fan of any SUV nor pickup truck, especially thouse, that never see off paved street use or never carry more then sixpack. I think they are hazards just being on the road for a typical passanger car: you just can't see what is going on ahead of them in city trafic among other things.
But I have to admit, if Civic generates 3.18 tonn CO2 in a year, Hammer that generates 3.4 tonn is not that bad from pollution stand point...
#9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 03:17 AM
3rd Gear Member

I don't think that they were calculated on the same basis.......

A honda 2.0i vtec won't kick out anywhere near the same emissions as a 7 litre turbo diesel. I was just demonstrating....
The hummer probably emits 3.4 tonnes per year just being sat on a driveway! It increases if you drive it..... :lol:

If you owned a Hummer in the UK, it would cost you £170 ($300) to fill the tank and it could potentially be emptied in 30 mintes!

#10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 05:35 PM
n00b

BMW320TD is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello from unlimited germany !

I live in germany and at our highways (autobahn) there are not much speedlimits.
But I think it is more pleasure to drive a beautiful road in a beautiful countryside.
to drive 250 kilometres per hour isn`t funny, everyone could do it, only put your feet down to the trottle...´the car makes the job.

The 330i or 330ci has an acceleration of 6.5 sec from 0-100 , TOp-Speed without limiter 255 kilometres per hour.
#11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 11:25 PM
Neutral Member

schulman is an unknown quantity at this point
0-100 in 6.5? used
#12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Ohrid is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by schulman@Jun 26 2004, 12:05 AM
0-100 in 6.5? used
I think he means 0-100km/h in 6.5secs. which is the same as (0-62mp/h)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)