AC HVAC / Possible Faulty sensor Problem? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 07:19 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bob Rocks is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Question AC HVAC / Possible Faulty sensor Problem?

So my main issue is with the AC on my 65k 03' 330Ci. The fan speed displayed on the HVAC matches that of the air coming out of the blower, but the temp does not. All of the HVAC function's work perfectly fine, such as fan speed, defroster, recirculating, etc, But the temperature is the only problem. When i use the heater, it work's fine, but every time i try to lower the temp and use the AC, the result is always the same, and that result is Hot air coming from the top and footwell vent's while cool air comes from the middle. Doesnt matter what setting the HVAC is on, the outcome is always the same for the AC when i need cold air. Could this me a result to the resistor's? I know this is a difficult topic. Ive searched this forum, and have seen some similiar problem's with no answer's...I was happy switching from Audi to BMW, but understand that there will be rpoblem's with the car.

P.S. Disregard my previous post. I did research, and i guess ill get the bushing's, and suspension part's checked out for the metal clunking noise on turn's...Sorry to derail, but my "Low oil pressure" Red light comes on for a brief second when im coming to a stop, and when i accelerate it goes off. I understand by accelerating the oil pickup pump's more oil into the motor, but the dealership assured that the there is no problem with the oil pump, and that the "low oil pressure" red light might be due to old battery, that they said i need to replace...But it makes sense for the light to come on at a stop, and then turn off during acceleration if in fact, the oil pump is going out or bad.

I love this BMW, and have only owned it so far for several hour's, and am planning to keep it. I know these same question's are annoying to red, but i couldn't find the answer's im looking for.

Last edited by Bob Rocks; 11-27-2008 at 07:20 AM. Reason: had to change the title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 05:12 PM
n00b

stewby22020 is on a distinguished road
have you got the toggle wheel in the middle of the vents on cold ie;3 blue dots, just a suggestion
#3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:35 AM
n00b

Bob Rocks is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Yea, and it still act's up. Im going to take it into the Monrovia, CA dealership tomorrow, because it's still under warranty. Look's like im going to have to replace the A-Arms myself because warrantly doesn't cover "wear and tear" part's.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 AM
n00b

AARONHL is on a distinguished road
I am having a similar problem with my G35's HVAC system. How did the dealer diagnose the problem you are having?
#5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 11:32 AM
n00b

DADavis is on a distinguished road
Bob - I am so relieved to see you have the same problem I have. I have a similar problem in the summertime with the temp being cool out of the middle and hot on the feet (in my 2008 328ic). Was your dealership/mechanic able to solve the problem? What was the diagnosis? Thanks for posting!
#6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 02:46 PM
n00b

BMW_DEV is on a distinguished road
Temperature Offset

Hello,

maybe you don`t have a problem.
Most BMWs have a climatisation feature to offset the face temperature to the foot temperature.
In newer 3series models there is a wheel in in the cockpit near the middle grill to adjust this offset (marked with blue and red).
Red means no offset. Blue means an offset up to 16 degrees Kelvin cooler in the face area (the climate control is adjusting the foot area).
If your model has such an wheel try to adjust the temperature offset to feel comfortable (Other models like E60 have this option below the CCC/CIC menu).

Regards
#7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 01:00 AM
n00b

steppro is on a distinguished road
check the fuse for your water valve, if the fuse is ok then the water valve itself is probably faulty, ive seen this problem many times
#8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 11:23 PM
n00b

NOLA335 is on a distinguished road
In general loss of cooling in an AC system is most likely caused by loss of refrigerant. This is especially true in older ones. Try having it topped off with a partial can and while adding check the registers to see if an improvement is noted.
#9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 09:07 AM
n00b

JustBry is on a distinguished road
Hi There,

In my experience DEV is right......it's a bit confusing at first when you get really hot feet and the rest of the car is cool.

I also think that the temperature sensors, either side of the climate control behind two small grills, sometmes take a while to register overall cabin temperature. I find after I have been driving for a while the cabin temp regulates and cools down a bit.

As DEV says, the middle console vents seem to be independant of the climate control and they do also take a little time to heat up.

DEV, I find that no matter what temp the CC is set that when the middle console is at the Red setting it blows hot air, regardless of temp setting? I think it is independant of everything else......?

Hope I have been able to help in some way....

Bry
#10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
n00b

steppro is on a distinguished road
actually i work for BMW, ive seen this problem many times, its a problem with the water valve when the middle vent is cold and the defrost and floor vents are hot...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)