BMW Werkz banner

***** In 88 Honda Runs Into My Bimmer.need Part

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  motown3 
#1 ·
New to the site. I got rear-ended by a jerkoff with no insurance. Need to know the best place to buy a rear bumper cover for a 2000 328i. Any info would be great. THanks.

#7 ·
Originally posted by peterkulesza@Jan 11 2005, 09:49 AM
moderators:

i had this problem before, but i used profanities (and got justly reprimmanded).

this guy just said "retard": are we not WAY too pc here???? :screwy

peter
[snapback]268863[/snapback]​
I dont mind being politically correct I do mind however being taken severely out of context. I honestly hope that no one thought I would ever poke fun at the handicapped (my brother is blind by the way). Anyway back on topic any help with my bumper would be nice since he gave me bogus info so it looks like the repairs are on me.

#8 ·
I don't think anybody should get banned or "reprimmanded", I just think it's wise to think before you post.
I say even more so when your new and don't know where people stand with things like that!

#9 ·
Originally posted by peterkulesza@Jan 11 2005, 07:49 AM
moderators:

i had this problem before, but i used profanities (and got justly reprimmanded).

this guy just said "retard": are we not WAY too pc here???? :screwy

peter
[snapback]268863[/snapback]​
Let me clear some things up please. For 1 curse words dont really have a place here and are accepted in the lounge. This is a *help* section of the forum. That said I think we are very liberable (I certainly am) about cussing especially if you are just expressing yourselves. In my opinion the word that was used was not a cuss word it was a word which is more of a slander which could offend some of our members. I DID receive complaints from other members. I will condone minor cursing in context as long as its not directed at another member, however I will not allow people to slander another member or use basically what i consider slurs which I do consider that word to be. In my opinion it is just as strong as a racial slur which I think most reasonable people would agree should not be tolerated.
I understand this is not MY forum and just because I am moderator I do not want to take control out of the hands of the members because you guys truely are "the forum" I would like to hope that the majority of the members would agree with my reasoning and give me their support on this issue. Thank you.
Regards,
DT

#10 ·
Well frankly to anyone that complains over hearing "retard" needs to get a life. You hear alot worse than that on TV. You are right I shouldnt have called him a retard. Even someone mentally retarded would have sense enought not to break the law. Anyway, I apologize again. Please delete this post if you have the power to do so and I wont be back to this site. Im sure there is another BMW forum where people have thicker skin. Thanks.

Since you said I could cuss when expressing myself then I guess it would have offended less people if I called him a "fucking Lowlife". Oh, and retard is not quite the same as "the N word" or any other racial slur for that matter.

#11 ·
i appreciate the difficulty here for moderators, but:

1. i certainly think before i post, and i premeditatedly used profanities, which is how i normally talk among friends. certainly i was very sorry after my profanites were pointed out, and i completely agree with moderators here. i was new to the forum, and the moderators sent me a PRIVATE very polite email, just informing me that this is not really accepted in the forum (while being completely ok in the lounge). i did not get banned, and it was done in the best way possible (furious i think).

2. however, i really think that in case of the bumper guy this is too radical. i mean come on, retard is offensive???? :dunno also, this guy just started in the forum: why did you guys just not email him to let him know, like you emailed me??? i do not knwo how often you recieve complaints, so maybe this is not a really good solution.

3. i agree with what you said about your role as a moderator, but i really think this guy did not use slurs, i am arguing for a little more tolerance of slang/vulgarity among the members... and i kinda feel sorry for him, and top of this nobody actually told him what to do with this bumper.....

peter

#12 ·
Originally posted by peterkulesza@Jan 11 2005, 11:45 AM
i appreciate the difficulty here for moderators, but:

1. i certainly think before i post, and i premeditatedly used profanities, which is how i normally talk among friends. certainly i was very sorry after my profanites were pointed out, and i completely agree with moderators here. i was new to the forum, and the moderators sent me a PRIVATE very polite email, just informing me that this is not really accepted in the forum (while being completely ok in the lounge). i did not get banned, and it was done in the best way possible (furious i think).

2. however, i really think that in case of the bumper guy this is too radical. i mean come on, retard is offensive???? :dunno also, this guy just started in the forum: why did you guys just not email him to let him know, like you emailed me??? i do not knwo how often you recieve complaints, so maybe this is not a really good solution.

3. i agree with what you said about your role as a moderator, but i really think this guy did not use slurs, i am arguing for a little more tolerance of slang/vulgarity among the members... and i kinda feel sorry for him, and top of this nobody actually told him what to do with this bumper.....

peter
[snapback]269024[/snapback]​
Please keep in mind that you guys do not always see what goes on behind the scenes. I DID send user a pvt message giving him a polite warning. He was not banned he was not even formally warned. All I did was edit his title and send him a friendly informal warning. I dont think this is excessive or out of line. He is angry now and states he wishes to leave the forum. Well that is his decision, and while im sorry to see him go and would encourage him to stay, if he decides to leave because he cannot adhere to the rules of the forum then that is his problem it is not my fault or my doing. I try to be as fair as possible I dont fly off the handle i think before acting and I also run my decisions by the rest of the moderating staff and get their support before acting.
There is absolutely no reason for anybody to be angry. User was not treated unfairly nor is he being picked on. There is absolutely no hard feelings here, all I am doing upholding the rules of the forum and if user or anybody else for that matter wants to act outside of the rules then action will be taken.
Regards,
DT

#13 ·
Originally posted by user619582@Jan 10 2005, 12:47 PM
New to the site. I got rear-ended by a jerkoff with no insurance. Need to know the best place to buy a rear bumper cover for a 2000 328i. Any info would be great. THanks.
[snapback]268119[/snapback]​
2000 328i and no uninsured motorist insurance? What state are you in? Most insurance policies that are "full coverage" have this right? A coworker was rearended by a couple of drunks in an unregistered uninsured POS, he was reimbursed for the damages. Might want to look into it. Always better when it is paid for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.