BMW Werkz banner

Automatic door lock doesn't work any longer

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  AndyFL 
#1 ·
Since I purchased the vehicle, the doors of my '04 330Ci were programmed to automatically lock after the vehicle reached approximately 10 MPH. However, I recently had an OEM alarm installed and coded, (battery was disconnected), and this auto-lock feature stopped working. I know for a fact, since I was watching, that when the alarm was being coded, the technician did not mess with the auto-lock programming. I read in a post that you could reset this feature by opening the door with the key door hole instead of the remote, etc., but I could not get mine to work. Anyone else had this happening? Any suggestions?

#2 ·
First check your fuses, make sure their all fine. All of em. One fuse could be tied in somehow and may have blown.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply Lord Vader. The culprit was a code reset to default. Apparently, when the tech programmed the alarm, the auto-lock feature was inadvertently reset to default and simply needed to be reset. I hooked up the good, old PASoft, reset, and bingo! My doors lock automatically again!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.