335i Boost Low Error - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
PPC
n00b

Car:
Photos:
PPC is on a distinguished road
335i Boost Low Error

Hi all,

This is my first thread, and hopefully not the last.

Am having a problem with my 335i that is eating up my brain. Recently I have installed the following in my car:

RD Full Exhaust System
RD Intercooler
RD Black Box
BMS Air Filter
KW Coilover

Now the problem is, with the Black Box connected to the car or not connected, I always get Check Engine sign and the error code is " Boost Low ". The car performance is very bad. I can feel the turbo is activating highly, but there is waste in the pressure. RD Sport supplied me with diagrams for the ciruit, but nothing is working out properly, and the dealer service center is helpless in this because they have no clue what the hell is worng in this car.

We have checked all connections for the exhaust system starting from the headers up to the tips, the air filter, and the intercooler, but all seems ok. the Black Box is working ok.

The installation was done in BMW Dealer workshop.

Please if anyone had the same problem help me out coz everyone else is clueless and helpless and no one is being able to rectifie this stressfull problem

Appreciate it alot

ppc.oman@yahoo.com

Last edited by PPC; 06-14-2008 at 08:14 AM.
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Um, wait a second. So did the dealership install your black box? That is weird, as I am sure you may run teh risk of losing your warranty.

I don't know enough about turbo systems to be of much help. On such a new car, I almost want to blame maybe the turbos themselves. I really don' know

Anyhow, the best bet is to have the dealership keep working on your car and give you a loaner car in the meantime.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 88 super ETA, 95 525i
Photos:
darkhorse737 is on a distinguished road
Cool

u have a leak for ur CEL to register "LOW BOOST"... a dealer shop technician can't figure that out??? you are kidding, right?

THAT PROBLEM, the answer is right under yo' nose.... if you did not have the low boost problem before u installed the black box; then u have a defective black box.... now why is that so hard to decipher???????(and so what if it's brand new...? there's such a thing as factory defect, right???)

Last edited by darkhorse737; 06-14-2008 at 09:07 PM.
darkhorse737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
PPC
n00b

Car:
Photos:
PPC is on a distinguished road
thanx 4 the replay all

the black box isnt defected, its working perfictly, if its defected a red flash will appear.

we have checked the wiring alot and its all ok.

so any idea if we r missing some thing?????????????
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Remove the black box and have the dealer fix the car. And I agree with darkhorse, there could be something wrong with the black box, even if tehre is no red flashing light.

Good luck.

You keep mentioning that you have checked the wiring, bu you need to check all the hoses and tubes, etc., in the boost system.

Your car is under warranty, right? I insist that the dealership should fix this. However, since they know you put a black box in it (why on earth would you ever let your dealer know this, I don't know), let's just hope they don't decide to void your arranty.

Again,

Best of luck.

Please let us know how things work out.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)