330i Clutch Master Cylinder - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2004, 06:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
jaavaajoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Howdy all,
2002 330i manual
I was looking through my owners manual and was perplexed to find that there was no refererence to the clutch master cylinder (manual trx). I looked under the hood and I think I found it, but am not sure.

Locate the radiator fill cap, then move toward the rear of the car about 8 inches and there is a resevoir filler cap that says "ATF only". I assume ATF means automatic transmission fluid. I am trying to remember from my old 280Z, but I thought that the clutch master cylinder used DOT 3 brake fluid. Am I on crack? Or is my brain starting to fail me in my old age?

Does BMW use a different clutch fluid? If so, what is it? Is this in fact the filler for the clutch fluid, or is it something else? When I took the cap off, there wasn't an indicator to determine if the resevoir was filled or not.

Oh yeah, I am sure that I have a manual trx :P
Help!

Piece (yeah, that kind)
Joe

2002 330i Titanium Silver w/ Sport-Premium</span>

jaavaajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2004, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Mach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond repute
The cap that says "ATF only" is for power steering. There is no seperate resevoir for clutch fluid, it is shared with the brake fluid resevoir. All you may be able to see is a fluid line coming off of the brake master cylinder going down to the clutch master cylinder. Ohh and I believe it calls for DOT 4 brake fluid but be sure to check.
Ben
Old 02-11-2004, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
jaavaajoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Thanks Mach 5!
Thank you for the clarification. All my buddies were trying to figure this out today. I guess I could have called the stealership, but that wouldn't have been as fun!
Joe

2002 330i Titanium Silver w/ Sport-Premium</span>

jaavaajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)