330ci options list questions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
light_speed is an unknown quantity at this point
3 quick questions for 3 series owners out there:

If you take the bluetooth option, what does the set replace and can it be removed without visiting a dealer or shop?

can you have heated seats with leatherette or cloth or is it just for leather?.is there an option for a heated stearing wheel as well?

When you get the navigation system,ca the sound system by HK be added on as well or as you stuck with a BMW business radio?

Finally,is the sirus satellite radio embedded into the navi system or is it a seperate unit?

Thanks
light_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2004, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
first off welcome to BMW-forums

1-bluetooth is an add on option, it does not replace anything, its just an additional peice.

2- heated seats are only for leather as far as i can recall.

3- not sure about sirus, but i know that it does need a separate control unit to recieve the signal, but like i said, im not sure on this.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
light_speed is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the welcome

when i said what does bluetooth replace,on the ad they show, the unit set replacing the area behind the hand leaver and I wanted to know if that space can still be used to store things as in regular models without bluetooth or will that usable space go along with the arm rest?

thanks
light_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Silver4evr is an unknown quantity at this point
for the most accurate info, you should think about calling a dealer.

2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition
Silver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bremingt is an unknown quantity at this point
I recently purchased a 330 CI and the car came with a tag in the trunk that says it is bluetooth prewired, and there is a pamplet included that had details of the bluetooth serial number for the car. I did not look to see if this was an option I paid for or not, but it makes me think that a majority of the wiring is in place. Does this mean I can take a bluetooth phone and use this with the car? I had not seen a forum topic where someone had a car with this designation, or a bluetooth number pre-assigned for the car. I asked the dealer and they did not know what this meant. I am hoping that there is some minor reconfiguring required to allow this prewiring to work.
bremingt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
cakman2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to cakman2 Send a message via MSN to cakman2 Send a message via Yahoo to cakman2
If you consider $600+ minor, then yes, its just minor work.

That's the quote I got from the dealer for parts and install. i decided a $20 earpiece was the less retarded option. Unless you have F.U. money, it ain't worth it.
cakman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bremingt is an unknown quantity at this point
Well it certainly is not minor now that I know it is a $600 price tag!

Are you familiar with this prewiring for bluetooth that comes from the factory and what this is? Also does the fact that the car comes with a bluetooth serial number does that mean anything more signficant in terms of setup/install?

Thanks
bremingt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
cakman2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to cakman2 Send a message via MSN to cakman2 Send a message via Yahoo to cakman2
it means they plug the unit ($400) into the socket for $200 labor.

I mean a Bluetooth upgrade for my Macinstosh was $50. Macs are notoriously overpriced also, but gee-whiz Wally, does BMW ever take the cake on overpriced dealer work and official BMW upgrades.

The freakin' Sirius upgrade is also way more $$$ than any you can buy one at Best Buy for. Doesn't BMW realize you can make money through quanity of sales instead of occsional hugely marked up sales. Everyone would get these options if they were reasonably priced, think of how many 3 series would be rolling full on digitalized right from the factory. Instead, one dude on a forum of hundreds has it.

I wanted to do it, but it meant 1) getting a new phone, 2) new carrier, 3) $600 upgrade, all for maybe 1 phone call per day in my car hands/wire free. I decided it's not worth it and I am the king of unecessary purchases made on "wow factor" items.
cakman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)