BMW Werkz banner

318ise Engine Warning Light

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  DB666 
#1 ·
I have owned a 318iSE since buying it new in September 1999 which has covered just over 98,000 trouble-free miles, until recently that is.

The problem which is causing concern is that following a broken hose in late November 2004 the vehicle was recovered to my local BMW garage where the problem was rectified but needed, including other, the following work:

‘Remove and install intake manifold top section’ and

‘Replace engine block cooling pipe’.

On collecting the car the engine was sluggish, which I put down to it being recovered and being laid-up for a week whilst we were on holiday. Later that day the engine warning light came on again and I returned for a diagnostic check which revealed that mixture levels were slightly out. The light was reset and off I went, after mentioning that the performance was intermittently sluggish.

A couple of days later, still with sluggish performance, the light came on again; following which the performance returned to normal with over 44 mpg being returned on runs of around 100 miles of motorway driving.

I have just returned from the garage which has been unable to extinguish the light after 2 hours on their diagnostic machine, which showed that there were no problems and have to arrange a further session.

Mention was made that it could be a problem with an injector, but with everything appearing to be normal, apart from the engine warning light being permanently on, I feel reluctant to authorise any work.

Has anyone out there experienced similar problems?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.