3 Coupe Rear Windows - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 02:50 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
vargonen is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
When I push the rear window button in 3 e46 coupe, it opens totaly, but for closing i need to push and hold the button. it does not close complelty without holding the rear window button.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 02:58 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
all US spec E46 3 series do not auto close for rear coupe windows. It is a US safety thing. There is almost no way to have it auto close. Though there are some ppl who have custom done some circuits for it to work.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 03:08 PM
n00b

vargonen is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
My car is from European but it does not close the rear windows also...

- When I push and hold the opening button on the key the car opens the front and rear windows totaly and opens the rear windows.

? Is there a possibility to secure the with one button push? close all windows close the lights and lock the doors?

Quote:
Originally posted by woobiee@Nov 7 2004, 10:58 PM
all US spec E46 3 series do not auto close for rear coupe windows. It is a US safety thing. There is almost no way to have it auto close. Though there are some ppl who have custom done some circuits for it to work.
[snapback]226350[/snapback]
#4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 03:59 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
to my knowledge, european models 'can' have auto close for rear windows. You must go to your local european dealer for them to program it.

Again, european models "can' have the remote close window. you must go to yourlocal european dealer for programming.

If you have a US spec car, you can purchase this new unit from TVonNav that installs in minutes which lets your remote close your windows with the key. The prototype came out a couple weeks ago and they are ready to mass produce. You JUST missed the group buy on e46fanatics.com. group buy price was $99 and now since its over, its $149. The unit is called iWindows. I preordered mine a while back and it should be shipped on the 10th of november. Ill let ya kno how everything is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)