BMW Werkz banner

2011 BMW 335d "Sport Package"?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  remgitano 
#1 ·
Just bought a brand new 2011 BMW 335d that the dealer still had on the lot from last year. I was explicitly looking for a diesel and they do not import a 3-series diesel sedan this year, so I had to search around a bit for one from last year that had not been sold.

The question that I have though is concerning the "Sport Package". I've read that the addition of this removes the speed limiter restriction? Is this true? If so, what is the supposed top speed for this model? Not that I plan on driving it at that speed, but I'm just curious what (if any) difference it makes.

#2 ·
Collin:
Welcome! I'm a new guy too with an '09 335d equipped with the sport package. Sorry I can't help you with the top speed issue. None the less I have just over 50K on my car and have enjoyed it, however, have had some interesting "issues" with mine. I think mine has the most miles accumulated so far at least here in the Denver, Colorado market so my experiences and difficulties have been novel for them (Murray Motors and, interestingly, BMW corporate has given me the brush off despite a history of 3 BMW motorcycles and 4 BMW autos!). Hope your experience is good and that you can find a nice road in the Republic of Texas where you can explore that top speed and let me know what my car is capable of in the "free world"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.