2007 328i Wagon CPO, slow acceleration from stop - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
avturdrinker is on a distinguished road
2007 328i Wagon CPO, slow acceleration from stop

I haven't found this issue in old threads, but please post link if its discussed somewhere. Purchased an 07 328i wagon last week, 12,000 miles. Didn't notice it during test drive, but it seems very slow out of a stop compared to other cars. Have the automatic trans. Higher speed shifts/power no problem, but sometimes I wonder if I'll make the left turn before the light turns red. Not what I expected from this car. Tnx for any info.
avturdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I am not very familiar with the automatic transmission on the more recent 3 series. Does it have different modes/settings? I would check to ensure you aren't running some setting that makes the car slower off the line.

Is it just slow? Or is it slower than other 328i wagons?

When you say it is slow compared to other cars, what other cars are you comparing it to?

Since it is CPO, I would take it to the dealership. If they claim acceleration is typical for 328i wagons, I would ask for a test drive on one or two off their lot

Edit: Your six-speed Steptronic automatic includes normal, sport, and manual shift modes and you should expect 0-60 time of 7.1 seconds.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
avturdrinker is on a distinguished road
oh man, 3 modes? This is the first car to outsmart me. I'll have to make a visit to the dealer even though it's not time for the first service. Maybe head to the desert before hand and check the zero to 60 time. In comparing to other cars, I mean to most any other car on your average rental lot. Embarrassed to say this is the only BMW I tested. Hard to find the wagons in S. California.
avturdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I wish I could have been more help. Good luck :-)
Old 05-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car: 2010 335i M-Sport
Photos:
bighorns is on a distinguished road
Try slipping the trans into sport mode and see if it stills does it. When my 3 is in full auto mode the traction control drags the brakes for a few seconds, and first gear is slow, but once it catches second it takes off. Launches are much quicker in sport mode and/or with DTC switched off. If yours is extremely slow, perhaps the DTC is overdoing it!
bighorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)