BMW Werkz banner

2006 BMW 330xi Would Not Start

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dave4 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I purchased my first BMW back in January with 64,000 miles on it. It is a 2006 330xi, looks like brand new. Everything worked fine, until 3 weeks ago.

I had a little bit less than a quarter gas in the tank, comp said 80 miles left so I didn’t bother filling it up that night. Next day I was ready to leave, pushed the button to start it, it revd up to 1.5thouasand, hesitated, and stalled out. Try again, went up to 1,000 and died. I though ok, the gas level not high enough (was parking on a little hill) so I rolled down to a flat surface, waited 10 mins, tried starting it, nothing. I got a gallon gas from the gas station, filled her up, same problem. Later on after 10 try, I managed to get it started, went to fill her up all the way.

Next day, same thing. It revs up to 1,500 and dies right away. If I get lucky for the first time, it revs up to 2,000, back to 500 than back to 2,000 and dies. Sounds and acts like an old car or a weed eater. Sometimes it starts up for the 3-4th time. If it doesn’t, I usually take off the battery for 15 sec, then it starts up.

This only happens in the morning, or if the car sat for more than 5 hrs. If I manage to get it started, and lets say I go to the groceries, after I come out it starts up right away. Only if it sits long that’s when the problem happens.

Here is the video what is going on with it.

First one is without disconnecting the battery.

Second one is after disconnecting the battery. It started up for the 2nd try, and it WAS NOT me playing with the throttle. It was all the engine trying to run...

I got all the error codes after the battery was disconnected

For sure its not the fuel pump. My father in law is a mechanic and he checked the pressure and it was all good. I hope someone knows something. I take any advice...

Sorry for the long post...

Dave4

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.