BMW Werkz banner

2006 325i stereo?

13K views 32 replies 6 participants last post by  captab 
#1 ·
So I have done some looking around, I can't really seem to find many people that have put an aftermarket system into their e90 BMW.

I'm sure there are some people that have and I'm just trying to get an idea of what they have done.

Any pictures or advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

#2 ·
#4 ·
Well I actually have a system in my car. I just wanted to see how it compared to some of the other systems in BMWs.

I have a 9 in tablet by Sound Stream for my deck, Rockford t1 4 in components with punch tweeters with a Rockford 440 4 channel (I think that's what it is) For my sub i have a 12 in Rockford t2 with a Rockford 1000bd amp to push it. then i have a Soundstream SCELL-1000 1000 Amp Cap Cell so it doesn't murder my battery:)

My trunk isn't finished yet though, the box still needs to be carpeted and the amps will be mounted on custom brackets, after its done ill add some pics:)

#5 ·
Sounds like a good setup. Finished pics are great but we love the in progress pictures as well. Always nice to see how a project comes together.

#8 ·
Not bad. I like the blue lighting.

#16 ·
Looks really nice, but like Rob said, it sticks out at the bottom :/

And rob about hooking up the aftermarket amp and sub, i actually ran all new wiring from the head unit back and completely did away with the stock amp.
Since the battery is in the back it really wasn't too bad, then i just ground the amps to same area where the battery for the car was ground.

#17 ·
I think that pic is from an old model, maybe the new D99 Android fits correctly ?
We have to ask ottanavigps and dynavin for pics..

hey sillyrabbitt how big is your ported box?
I have a 12" Kicker L7 wondering if it will nicely, the box is so big for a 12" it hardly fit in my cadillac sts 2006 trunk lol. So I'm thinking about selling it and getting a 10"

#18 ·
My box is pretty big, it will hardly fit into the opening of the trunk. im not exactly sure of the dimensions of it though. The box may be to big for the sub if its really taking up that much space. Because my brother has 2 l7 12's in the back of his car and his box is actually smaller then mine.

Is youre currently ported or sealed?

#20 ·
You may have to take the plastic off again. When putting mine in i had to do that. luckily it comes off very simply.

Also when i bought my car, i didn't have the weather package (so the seat didn't fold) but since then i have replaced my seat. It makes such a big difference. also if your'e planning on having LOUD bass, definitely invest in some dynamat.

#32 ·
I'm not quite sure because my car did not have carpet on the trunk lid. I would imagine that there are just a few clips that you have to take out, and if that's the case then it is pretty easy to do. i have taken all the carpet out of my trunk and it only took me a few minutes to do so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.