BMW Werkz banner

2005 E46 Rear Deck Speaker Wiring

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RixE46 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the pinouts of the 10-pin connector going into the rear deck (aka subwoofer) speakers in a 2005 330ci (premium audio)

I want to simply bypass these speakers with something such as the Infinity Basslink, but am curious how these wires connect to the amp, etc.

There is a 4-pin connector, which I assume connct the speakers themselves; however, the 10-pin seems trickier. This has to have something to do with the subwoofer button under the head unit...My questions are:

Pin 1 is green. What is it?
Pin 2 of the 10-pin is white. - Is this a remote turn on going to the button?
Pin 3 (blank)
Pin 4 Brown. - Ground, I assume?
Pin 5 Red w/Green - Same gauge as the brown... What is it?
Pin 6 Blue w/Green - What is it?
Pin 7 Black w/Green - What is it?
Pin 8 Teal or Green w/yellow - What is it?
Pin 9/10 are both blank.

What about the subwoofer defeat button located under the head unit?

How can I bypass the speakers and still utilize the button?

Any help would be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
FYI-
OK - So I have figured out that the wires are for the small amplifier for the factory 6" 'subs' ... Red/Green is power, brown is ground, now if only I knew the rest...(if anyone knows, please fill me in)

It would be nice to be able to just steal the pwr/gnd/rmt from this connector and run it into an after market amp...

I got a Basslink installed, and it sounds better than the factory subs, but the damn trunk is so well insulated that it is not much better unless the seats are folded down some...

It is enough bass for me for now though, and I still have a trunk - so I guess that over-all I am pleased...

Hope someone can find this info useful!

Thanks for reading...

#3 ·
RixE46 said:
It would be nice to be able to just steal the pwr/gnd/rmt from this connector and run it into an after market amp...

I hope you are not going to try and run a sub amp off that power wire.

You may be able to get away with the remote wire, but ground and power is not such a great idea. That 330 is too beautiful to see sitting on the side of the road with flames shooting out the back.

#4 ·
I meant the connector...that mini amp is a POS...

I just used the speaker wire taps for a line level connection for a clean install...

thx tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.