BMW Werkz banner

2004 330ci ZHP

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  drz 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the factory will replace the Alcantara steering wheel under warranty if it is showing signs of wear?? Thank you for your response!

#2 ·
Yes, they should. They have done it for many ZHP owners. However, you are likely to not get cooperation from the dealership. Some people have had to try a few dealerships before they get a replacement.

I would recommend against getting it replaced with another alcantara-wrapped specimen. Personally, I would go for the perforated leather version that came istalled on the later zhp coupes:

Others have gotten theirs replaced with m3 or regular sports steering wheels.

#4 ·
It is all up to you. You have to be sure not to budge. try different dealerships if necessary. There are a whole bunch of threads on e46fanatics.com if you need to get names from people and the dealers where tehy have had their steering wheels replaced.

The thing is that if you get an alcantara steering wheel again, it will wear out again. I recommend that one because it looks teh haWt :argh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.