2004 330ci ZHP - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
JBMW is on a distinguished road
Smile 2004 330ci ZHP

Can anyone tell me if the factory will replace the Alcantara steering wheel under warranty if it is showing signs of wear?? Thank you for your response!
JBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Yes, they should. They have done it for many ZHP owners. However, you are likely to not get cooperation from the dealership. Some people have had to try a few dealerships before they get a replacement.

I would recommend against getting it replaced with another alcantara-wrapped specimen. Personally, I would go for the perforated leather version that came istalled on the later zhp coupes:

Others have gotten theirs replaced with m3 or regular sports steering wheels.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thanks for the reply man. Is that the actual leather-steering wheel that they will give me? I was worried that the replacement steering wheel would not be the M version.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
It is all up to you. You have to be sure not to budge. try different dealerships if necessary. There are a whole bunch of threads on e46fanatics.com if you need to get names from people and the dealers where tehy have had their steering wheels replaced.

The thing is that if you get an alcantara steering wheel again, it will wear out again. I recommend that one because it looks teh haWt
Old 05-15-2008, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Oh ok thanks, Ill check that site out for sure. I agree I wouldnt get the alacantra again for that exact reason. But is that picture you posted what the leather one will look like?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Photos:
Yes, that is the ZHP wheel that came with the later coupes. That is what it will look like if your dealer works with you.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)