2003 BMW 330Ci - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 07:37 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Insomniac is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I'm considering purchasing a 2003 BMW 330Ci soon. What are your thoughts? Any reason why I should reconsider? Should I purchase another vehicle? Anything I should know about? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 05:28 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
the 330Ci is a great car!!

i have the 325Ci and i am very happy with it.

#3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 09:23 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
This will be a christmas gift for my kid sister, so i'm sure that there is someone out there who owns one and could give me some input?
#4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 09:24 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by AZ325Ci@Dec 6 2003, 06:08 PM
the 330Ci is a great car!!

i have the 325Ci and i am very happy with it.
Thanks. I hope that this is the general consensus... I promised my kid sister that I would buy her a new car if she got into an Ivy League college. She got into Stanford, so i'm going all out!
#5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 09:45 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
WOW!!! That's quite a gift!

#6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 10:53 PM
n00b

Patryn is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a great car.

<span style='color:darkblue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?</span></span>
#7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 11:14 AM
n00b

couper is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought my 2003 330Ci in Sept. (traded in a 2001 325i). Aside from the fact that it's a fun car to drive it's also a head turner! I'm sure your sister will certainly enjoy it but I would suggest she should toss you the keys once in a while!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Couper_1.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	4927  
#8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 12:59 PM
n00b

Patryn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by couper@Dec 12 2003, 11:54 AM
I bought my 2003 330Ci in Sept. (traded in a 2001 325i). Aside from the fact that it's a fun car to drive it's also a head turner! I'm sure your sister will certainly enjoy it but I would suggest she should toss you the keys once in a while!!
Apparently, Insomniac has an M3... I don't think he'd mind if she kept it to herself

<span style='color:darkblue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?</span></span>
#9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
2nd Gear Member

alanh is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alanh
DEL

Self-Proclaimed Genius

#10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 07:57 PM
n00b

EDawg is an unknown quantity at this point
if i am not mistaken, stanford is not ivy league, although it is a prestigious school.

secondly, the 330ci is a great car, but since you are buying it for your sister and not yourself, you should take her to test drive cars that she's interested in, and buy her the one that she likes best. maybe she finds that a car with 4 doors would suit her better because she has lots of friends and would like to be able to drive them around to go out without having to speeze them into and out of the back seats, who knows...
#11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 12:21 PM
n00b

SenseiDave is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to SenseiDave
I bought an '04 330 convert. If you like the 325, you'll love the 330. I added the sport pkg (cool wheels, better seats and not too stiff suspension), convenience pkg (nice wood, built in garage door opener, etc.), xenon lights (very bright and always aimed just right), heated seats (even in Florida I like them, gets you more top down time), park distance control (so my wife doesn't back into something), and Auto trans (cause I get stuck in traffic a lot).

At 6000 miles the car has had no trouble and is always a kick to drive. I am considering adding the Dinan S package at the first check up which is showing due at 9000. I want the bigger sound, removal of limiters, and of course more power is always better (not that it's lacking). Another Dinan feature I'm looking for is the change to the auto trans in the steptronic mode. Currently it is not much different than pushing your Oldsmobuick through D1,D2,D. I understand the Dinan part will make it more performance oriented. The auto trans is fine though. Brakes are great but you do have to get use to cleaning those wheels often. I wish it came with a built in compass too. The top is absolutely wonderful. Mine is Blue and matches the car nicely. It is one of the few ragtops that looks good with the top up or down. I'm not crazy about the heat/vent controls either but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Both work fine but simpler would be better.

I would highly recommend taking delivery at the Performance Center in SC. It costs you nothing except a one way ticket there and the gas to drive home. They take good care of you including transport from the airport, the hotel, all meals, tips, etc. You'll see the museum, the Z3/X5 factory, and get to drive a car like yours on the track with some pro advice. Great experience! I don't know why anyone would not do this. Just tell the dealer that's how you want to take delivery. Doesn't cost them either.

Enjoy the car and drive safely. Like James Dean said, "The life you save just might be mine." But then we know what happened to him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)