BMW Werkz banner

2003 BMW 325i Question

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  alanh 
#1 ·
Hey, I recently bought a 2003 BMW 325i with Premium package. This is my first BMW and I am loving every signle minute in the car.
I have a quick question about the performance/engine. The salesman told me to rev the engine(red line it) once in a while as it is good for the engine and it helps to clean the engine. I'm wondering if there is any truth in that?
Also, how is the reliability? I noticed that the rear left shock/wheel makes a squeaking noise whenever I get in the car. Not sure what is causing this squeaking noise? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

BMWBOY88

#2 ·
Welcome bmwboy28 :welcome

it wouldnt hurt to redline your engine on a daily basis, as long as the engine is broken in. it does, in a way, help clean out some dirt or carbon deposists that build up under normal low rev driving. do you have a manual or steptronic?

G
#4 ·
Originally posted by bmwboy28@Oct 8 2003, 07:35 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have an automatic.
Do you find that in automatic, there is a lag? Not sure if that's the case for all BMW?
the engine revs, and then you start going? yea its normal, and it makes you sound from the outside like your driving stick, also always for quicker acceleration when you nail it because the parts in the engine can move, then engage the torque converter, pushing you into your seat!

#5 ·
That's interesting. This is my first BMW so I'm not sure how the car behaves and determine what is consider normal.

Also, do you consider this normal. I noticed that whenever I'm in a traffic jam, I press the gas and the breaks, I hear this thump in the rear.(I think it's the rear wheel) I'm concerned about this because the noise is pretty noticable.

Thanks

BMWBOY28

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.