BMW Werkz banner

2003 BMW 325i On Board Computer

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Lord Vader 
#1 ·
i have bought new chrome rings to put in my bmw 325i. which i did and after maybe 6 hours my on board computer has stopped working, and my gas gauge also does not work. the video below shows my problem. please help me because i do not no what to do. i asked my dealer and he said he would charge me $190
just to check what was wrong (not to fix it). i am wondering if i can do anything to fix it. please help thank you :) :conf

2003 BMW 325i Dashboard Computer Problem - YouTube

#3 ·
No I ds not. Before this I have opened it. Because my gauge face on the bottom where it shows the doors are open fell down. So I have opened it before and put it back together and everything was fine, but now it's not. I did try tho to turn of the baterry for a good Half an hour, and it stayed the same. Do I need a whole new cluster, or this one can be fixed. Hope simebody has an answer. :(

#4 ·
It looks bad mate, but not un-solveable...
I personally think you should have "disco'd" the battery before you took the upgrade on, but you didn't so let's try and fix you up ;)

Firstly, I would disconnect the Battery, and do a FULL re-fit - checking the circuit-board in the dash for anomolies etc... Make absolute certain that you did not disturb any part of the lower end of this board (to me it looks like you did)... Not to worry eh?

Re-fit or remove the clocks and double check ALL connections...

DAZ (Here to help Buddy) ;)

#5 ·
I took it off, and made sure i put it back together and made sure that i did everything correctly. my computer now works, but my gas gauge does not. i think i might have to buy a new cluster of ebay. if i buy a new one, could i program it to match my car and my millage ?

#6 ·
It's possible to reprogram it, it's just a pain to do so. If you don't get it reprogrammed you will have the "tamper dot" showing on the cluster. This will lead a perspective buyer to believe theirs odometer fraud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.