BMW Werkz banner

2003 330i ZHP should i purchase?!

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  RexKing86 
#1 ·
So here's the story, I've been shopping for a 2003 325i 5-speed (bmw is having great incentives now on '03's). So after calling 20 dealerships, i FINALLY found ONE 325i and went and test drove it. Frankly, i was disappointed in the stick, the throws seemed long, the clutch soft. So, i decided to bite the bullet and go with the auto (that's a HUGE change for me). Anyway... i get a call 10 minutes after leaving the dealer from another dealer saying that 5-speed was litterly just dropped off (lease finished). So i drive over there expecting a 325i... However, what awaited me was a 330i ZHP. Granted i didn't know what this was, and my first thought was - i'm not paying 6k more for a car in manual that i wasn't impressed with (don't get me wrong, 3'series are great, just not thrilled with the tranny). So he says, you just have to take this out and see........... and wholly cow. That's what i was looking for - the short throws, the stronger engine. The stick the ground handleing... anyway ... i'm sure you all get the point - but this is all very new for me and a big purchase...

SOO... the car

2003 330i ZHP, titanium silver, Nav, H/K stereo. 25k miles = $32.9 list price

i was planning on finding a $27 car and negotiing them down - but i'm now trying to decide if i can afford the extra $6k for that awsome machine -

there is a question here, i promise.... so, my question is- first off, is $32.9k a good price? what do you think i could get them down to? also, am i going to run into alot more service problems with this car? tires have gotta be crap load more expensive, clutch wear? does it really make a difference? has anyone had any issues with the ZHP?

the car will be ready from servicing on thursday and i'm going in - and i want to be prepared with my decision... ANY help here would be amazing - as i've never owned a bimmer before- only dreamed...

thanks in advance... hope to be a TRUE forum member soon :)

See less See more
#2 ·
It doesn't hurt to negotiate

I think you can get it for $28.5k. Not too may people wants manual nowadays so this is a good tool for you to use to negotiate, also try to bring it up that you have an eye on a 325i from a different dealer for $27k but pretend that you can't tell the performance differences between a 325i and a 330i;) .

Good luck, and I have to agree with you that it is a sweet little car.
Alex

#5 ·
price is fair. you should end up aroound 31.5, the zhp asking price is about 33. of course, haggle, but forget 29k.

it is a fantastic car out of the box. it is noticeably faster, and handles much better than a regular 330 (as you noted). of course, no comparison to the small 6. clutch WEAR is never a problem in a bmw, unless the prior driver was a bozo. you cannot knwo this, but try flooring it in 6th gear at about 40 mph. if it does not slip, you are ok.

sroious: have the rear subframe inspected for tears (unlikely), and the ends of rear sway bar mounts (likely damaged).

not serious: windows should all roll down (regulators go in bmws).

#7 ·
So, i bought it... I pick it up tomorrow... I paid a bit of a premium - but it's SUCH a sweet ride:

2003 330i ZHP
Harmon Kardon
Navigation
25,000 miles
CPO'd: new tires, breaks, windshield (chip), and servicing
TItanium Silver on Black leather

$30,800

Will have pictures soon... hello bimmer world :)

#10 ·
here she is

So i picked her up 2 days ago:

2003 330i ZHP
- Titanium Silver on Black Leather
- 25k Miles
- Harmon Kardon Premium Stereo
- Self Righting Xenon Headlights
- Navigation
- Moon(Sun?)Roof

$30,800 + $1495 for the extended Full Maintance...

:)

b

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.