That’s my S4 in the pictures that “nobodeuno” posted and I have to say that the assessments so far are pretty much correct. I just figured I would add a bit more to the conversation...no trolling intended here.
- There are a lot of 330i's out there and I chose the S4 because I wanted something that was stealthy but different at the same time.
- I agree that there is less feedback in the S4's drive however this can be easily overcome by adding suspension. I previously owned a Contour SVT which is very similar in nature to the BMW's handling and design only its not as luxurious, so I was wanting something a bit more plush of a ride.
- I tended to like the interior of the Audi better but this is all subjective.
- I realize they look a lot like the A4's but to those who know what they are the differences are pretty glaring. Slightly different Front/Rear Facias, Wheels, Grill, Brakes, Interior, badges....You can definately pick them out....To me that is prestige. The B5 body style is very classic and subtle...but I have to say that I absolutely love the E46 body style...it is very aggressive but tasteful!
- The S4 is a super deal considering the current resale values and I doubt they will drop much more since they have depreciated quite a bit. The turbo's do go out on these cars so keep that in mind and make sure you have a warranty or a well maintained car.
- The interior of the car is very quiet and smooth...no creaks and engine noise is unheard....Turbos on the other hand are audible with windows down
The exhaust note gets better as the car warms up but I think it could use a more aggressive sound, probably one of the first mods on my list!
- If your looking to modify the S4 is definitely the car for you since, as others have said, you can add a chip for around or under $1k and be at 340hp/380tq at the crank....The S4 is definately adequate in every way "out of the box" but there are quite a few mod options out there for those who want to improve the cars handling and power...etc
- AWD is nice but it adds weight, but I like being able to drive the car in the winter with no worries. And AWD launches own however the S4's clutch is a bit on the soft side to protect the Quattro so it won't take too many mods before your going to need a new one
- I have to disagree with what has been said regarding the power at higher speeds...It has penty of power due to 6speeds however the torque does die off at higher rpms. I have found that around town it is very easy to drive due to the amount of low end torque available.
- Regarding the Stereo, I have to say that I'm pretty impressed....it has some hidden EQ features which really allows you to adjust the sound. But in stock for its very adequate...this coming from an audiophile. I'll probably add a sub for extra base but the stock controls are very nice and I don't like the look of aftermarket radios that others have installed. However, I would like to add a Euro Nav+
- The S4's rear seats are somewhat tight but very usable and I have had 5 ppl fit comfortably in the car....it has a huge trunk though. The Front seat is not in the most optimal position and it can sometimes feel cramped due to the knee positions. But I have become used to that...
Anyways again don't mean to troll. The 330i is a great car choice as well and trust me you'll be happy with either of them...its really a question of what you want. I definitely suggest test driving both of the cars to see which you would like....Good luck and I hope my comments have helped!