2001 325i Cd Changer Install? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 04:48 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CanadianBMW352i is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I have been calling around and basically getting no where. Even the parts guy at my local BMW dealership hadn't a flippin' clue. I want to add a CD changer to my car and I understand that it is pre-wired, but I don't want to pay the high price for a factory changer. Can you add an aftermarket changer by using some sort of adapter to the factory wiring? One guy told me I coould but I can't seem to find an audio place that knows anything. If so, where can I get these parts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Neutral Member

clarkinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by CanadianBMW352i@Mar 16 2005, 03:48 PM
I have been calling around and basically getting no where. Even the parts guy at my local BMW dealership hadn't a flippin' clue. I want to add a CD changer to my car and I understand that it is pre-wired, but I don't want to pay the high price for a factory changer. Can you add an aftermarket changer by using some sort of adapter to the factory wiring? One guy told me I coould but I can't seem to find an audio place that knows anything. If so, where can I get these parts?
[snapback]312914[/snapback]
Circuit city has an interface for it, although I forget the maker, it is pretty easy to install your self because of the prewiring. Just reach inside the left panel of you truck and match the cables for the adapter. The interface should have a list of Changers it will work with printed on the back of the package.
So I would say the first step is to buy the interface.
#3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 05:00 PM
5th Gear Member

325isBaby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 325isBaby
I would suggest going with the factory one...we see alot of dead batteries with aftermarket ones (even with the harness connector adapters). Also for some reason Pioneer changers seem to be the worst for this problem.

http://www.myspace.com/330xigirl
Come see me at MySpace
#4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 05:47 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
I recommend factory as well but if you insist on going aftermarket here are some links for interfaces.

blitzsafe adapters

Soundgate adapters

Good Luck,

DT

DT

#5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 01:43 PM
1st Gear Member

storme is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a factory one off ebay,,and it plugs straight in the boot[trunk] the wires are already there
the ebay one was second hand out of 2003 e46.was 127 the new from dealer was 400...
i took the panel off from inside the boot [trunk] used the fitting bracket supplied...then put the panels back

and hey presto i have a standard BMW fit cd changer

visit me at <a href='http://www.storme.co.uk' target='_blank'>www.storme.co.uk</a>

visit me at http://www.janspeed.com
#6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 08:20 PM
n00b

CanadianBMW352i is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys, I decided to go with the Soundgate Interface cable for Sony to BMW, Changer. I'm here in NY and I decided to call out west, Cali. where modifications happen on everything and anything. I needed to get some answers and they said go with a Sony CDX-757 MX cd changer. They do it in alot of cars and its as easy as connecting the cable to factory outputs in trunk and mounting the changer. I'll post more when its all installed and let you know how it works.

Aftermarket - interface cable$90, cd changer$130 = $220

vs.

Factory - quoted $800-1000 installed.
#7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Neutral Member

clarkinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by CanadianBMW352i@Mar 22 2005, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys, I decided to go with the Soundgate Interface cable for Sony to BMW, Changer. I'm here in NY and I decided to call out west, Cali. where modifications happen on everything and anything. I needed to get some answers and they said go with a Sony CDX-757 MX cd changer. They do it in alot of cars and its as easy as connecting the cable to factory outputs in trunk and mounting the changer. I'll post more when its all installed and let you know how it works.

Aftermarket - interface cable$90, cd changer$130 = $220

vs.

Factory - quoted $800-1000 installed.
[snapback]316666[/snapback]
Yes, its pretty simple. If you can change your signal lamp in your e46, then you should have no problem. The wires are taped up thogh once you get behind the panel. Mount and click!

As far as dead batteries, I installed mine three years ago and still no problem (soundgate). I don't think you needed to call out west though....I got my interface while in Alabama, so that should tell you something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)