BMW Werkz banner

2001 318i ABS & Traction Warning lights !

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Lord Vader 
#1 ·
Hi Guys.

Joined this Forum as have scoped about and it seems you guys know the score.

Just bought the missus a 2nd hand 51 Plate 318i Estate. Been fine for a couple of days but i took it out yesterday and gave it a good run. Suddenly the ABS, Brake and Traction warning lights came on. Stopped the car and they went off. Few miles later a beep and again they're on !

Have read a couple of threads on here and was wondering if it really could be the Wheel sensors?

This is my first BM and i am worried ive just dug myself a money hole !

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Shifty.
:eek:hnoes

#2 ·
Welcome to Bimmerwerkz.

Dont worry about it being a money pit. The ABS sensors wear out over time just like all sensors. But first, you should take the car to have the OBD system scanned for codes. Odds are if theirs something wrong a code will be stored. Not all scanners can do ABS codes so you may have to take it to the dealership.

Is it just the lights coming on or does the abs system kick in while driving? Usually a light illuminates when the car doesn't know how fast the wheels are spinning. Happened in my truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.