BMW Werkz banner

2000 328i

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AutoSolutions 
#1 ·
I just purchased my first BMW from a dealer. My 2000 328i stereo is nothing like the HK in the M car I test drove. I asked the dealer if we could upgrade and he said what you see is what you get. He advised only BMW dealers work on the cars for any and all stuff i.e. alarms, stereo, service. I can understand however, I want a nicer sounding stereo. Can I upgrade the speakers and maybe add an amp with the local stereo shop without blowing up my car? Alarm? Any ideas

#2 ·
Not a good idea to listen to the dealer about Upgrading your car. 9 times out of 10 they dealer will give you half assed advise because they really dont want you to Upgrade your car, and if you do, they dont want you to do it anywhere but with them.

Contat me for some audio options. I carry ALL the brands.

#3 ·
Nice car, I have a 2000 323i and have upgrade the system totally from the bussines series system, you can keep the factory radio and upgrade the speakers and factory amp with aftermarket, you wont believe the change, I recomend keeping the factory radio for looks (if u have a cd player or changer) and keep the radio controls on the steering wheel, but if you replace it there is a piece available to keep the factory steering controls, thats what I did for my flip out screen, there is nothing on the stereo system wiring that would affect the vehicle unless they cut other wires so I strongly suggest to go to your local specialty stereo shop for a better system and ask them to explain and show you how they would do it, if you don't have experience on wiring let a pro do it in my case I have all my speakers and amps Orion with custom enclosure sounds incredible and have all the trunk space for my use.
Good luck
P.S. I have upgrade my alarm system with a remote starter viper ... never have any problems and have warranty left.
:driving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.