BMW Werkz banner

2 Beeps Sound

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BMW-ATI 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any clue? I heard 2 beep sounds while I am driving. I have 318i 1995. It has the same sound as if you left the key in the ignition then you open the door. Have you ever heard that sound when the temperature drops certain degrees? It's almost the same sound when you're in an aircraft & the pilot turns on the seatbelt sign on. My question is: what should I do? What cause that? Is there a quick fix? My check engine light has turned on more than once. :help

#2 ·
1st off all your in the wrong forum

2nd slow down a bit explain it again...

2 beeps when you drive off??

2 beeps when you turn on the ignition??

2 beeps while moving??

are you sure your hand brake isnt on??

any warning lights on the dash??

give us some more info..:)

thx

#3 ·
Jesus Christ, things like this are pathetic. Not directing this at you alone, but it seems that people here can't look up stuff on their own and they always go off the deep end whenever their car beeps, rattles, or has a new noise. It is a freaking car! It is going to beep, it is going to rattle at times, and it is going to have some new noises. The thing is, if IT KEEPS DOING IT, then check it out. If you freaking car beeps twice at you and the no light comes on, keep driving a little bit and try to notice if something is wrong. Don't go and post this in a chat room, especially in the wrong room, right when you get home! WAIT A BIT AND TRY TO FIND THE PROBLEM YOURSELF! If your freaking check engine light is coming on, have you scheduled a time where you can drop it off at your dealership or something?

Cars don't fix themselves, buddy. If your car beeps and nothing else happens, then don't worry about it. If it keeps doing it, take it to a mechanic, not a message board.

#5 ·
Yeah, sorry if it was harsh, but that is all this board is lately, just a place where people come and put in every little thing wrong with their cars. I can understand that people come here to ask questions and get answers, but when it gets down to someone asking about two beeps in their car, that is just petty. You can't get a diagnostic over a message board for some beeping.

#7 ·
Shit people calm down he asked a legitimate question. So its giving the door ajar sound while driving? This is going to be a dumb question but look at your gauge cluster. It should say something. If not press one of thebutton in the cluster to scroll through the problems.

Have ou noticed this occuring when the weather drops below like 37 degrees Farenheit? Ive never heard beepign in my BMW because my weather is always 82 degrees and sunny, but this may be the safety feature telling you to watch out for ice forming on the roads.

Anythign else you can tell us to help you solve this problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.