BMW Werkz banner

1999 323i With Abs Problem

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  botman 
#1 ·
I have a 1999 BMW 323I that the ABS light just started coming on. It doesn't do it all the time, but it is annoying. Does anyone know what is doing this?

Thanks,
Randy

#2 ·
BMW 3 series (E36) ABS light on
If your abs light comes on on your E36 3 series try replacing the grey-coloured ABS relay. This is located in the under-hood driver's side fuse compartment. In many cases this has made the ABS function correctly and the ABS light go off. There is a Technical service bulletin about this released by BMW.

ABS WARNING LIGHT ON
MODELS AFFECTED: 3 series (E36) and Z3 produced up to 5/96
FAULT: The ABS warning lamp is on in the instrument cluster, and fault code 145 (pump inoperable) stored in the ABS control module memory.
CAUSE: Faulty relays produced prior to may 1996.
SOLUTION: Use the DIS tester to confirm that fault code 145 is set in the ABS control unit. Work
through test instructions in DIS confirm that the fault is not caused by any other components. Then replace the gray ABS pump motor relay, witch is located in the power distribution box, rear left side of engine compartment.

Couple of things I found on the net, not sure if they will help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.