BMW Werkz banner

I want that leather smell back!

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  EnvyM3 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. My 2000 323 Ci has lost that great leather smell. What can I buy to "recreate" that new car leather smell?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Originally posted by TDLipsey@Aug 17 2004, 11:34 AM
Hey everyone. My 2000 323 Ci has lost that great leather smell. What can I buy to "recreate" that new car leather smell?
I use a product called Zymol and swear by it. I got a 2000 and still smells like new. Start with the Zymol leather cleaner and then use the Zymol leather conditioner. It also has a slight oil base so it shines up the seats and hides any wrinkles very well. Good luck!

#5 ·
Originally posted by TDLipsey@Aug 17 2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks. Anyone use Zaino Bros Z-10 Leather in a Bottle?
Never heard of it, but I must say, that chamois idea is pretty clever! Might have to try that one myself.

#6 ·
What color is your interior?

I ask that because I had a '95 with a tan leather interior (that was destroyed in Hurricane Fran) and replaced it with a '95 with a gray interior. While I was the second owner of the gray one, it just never had that baseball glove smell. I noticed the difference in the new ones. Must be the dye???

#8 ·
Originally posted by TDLipsey@Aug 18 2004, 10:44 AM
I have the black interior. You might be right. The smell is caused by the tanning process which could be a different process for each color.

I'll find a way to fake it. The "Leather in a bottle" seems to be getting good :beer reviews.

:beer
I got a black interior and still smells like a baseball glove. I'm tellin you, get the Zymol man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.