BMW Werkz banner

Has anyone replaced their flood lights???

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mach 5 
#1 ·
Trying to replace my flood lights, but the owner's manual makes it look A LOT different than it really is. There is a plastic "grating" that runs across the entire front of the car, where the flood lights are. Also, i have replaced my high/low beam bulbs, but my day time running lights did not change. I am thinking that they will change when I replace the flood lights??? Any help is much apprecaited. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Most fog lights I have seen on e46's require you to remove the inner fender (plastic shield) to get to the back of the housing. I do not under stand what you mean by changing your daytime running lights. If you want them on perminantly that is an option that the dealer sets.
Ben

#3 ·
Sorry for the lack of clarification. What I mean about changing my day time running lights is that when I changed my high/low beams, the day time running lights did not change. I had bought brighter bulbs and it did not change the color/brightness of the day time running lights. I am thinking that the flood lights are the same bulb as the day time running lights, b/c you cannot turn the flood lights on when the day time runners are on.

As far as the grill, yeah...I am thinking that I will need to have a professional fix that.

Thanks for the info and any more is welcomed.

#4 ·
In US spec cars Daytime Running Lights (DRL) use a lower voltage (I belive it is 6 volts) than our cousins to the north (Canada) and the rest of the world (I belive they are 12 volt). This leads to the DRL's appearing dim when on and then brightening when the headlights are turned on. If you are good with a screw driver you can change the fog lights if needed it is only a couple of screws. Changing the fog light bulbs will not make the DRLs brighter though. You should be able to have the parking lights and fog lights on, but the fog lights will not turn on unless the headlight switch is on.
Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.