BMW Werkz banner

07 3281 window regulator replacement and now window powers down

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  protechmobileautorepair 
#1 ·
Replaced window regulator with after market part from NAPA. Installation went good. First couple times window was fine powering up. After a couple days, now the window automatically goes back down after powering it up. Have to shut car off to stop from going down. Once cars off and window is good, it works fine after the next start up. Need help quick.
Ideas??

#2 ·
Needs resetting !
Same principle where you can reset sunroof by holding the "lift" button for ten secs...
Did you install the window motor "fully-retracted" ?
Have you checked the "comfort Relay"? (common issue)

#3 ·
I did not know about this reset feature on the switch. I dont get alot of BMW's to work on here. I will have him try holding the switch in the up position for ten seconds-this plan of action means the window should be powered up all the way to reset this switch with keyoff or on?
Explain the comfort relay please?
I dont remember where the window was in its travel during assembly..i think i pushed it upward when i installed the reg and motor. The cable snapped and the window was down when i got there, i do believe i pushed it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.