06 325i Passenger Occupancy Mat - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 11:29 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
shiloh is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
06 325i Passenger Occupancy Mat

I just picked up a 2006 325i, my first bimmer and I'm loving it. performs like a dream, especially on the open road. Since I got the car, the passenger side airbag and seat belt light keep coming on. I had it scanned and it turns out that it's either the wires linking the passenger occupancy mat are corroded or damaged or the mat needs to be replaced. I found this recall on the web BMW 3-Series Recall Information - BMW Recalls & Problems but the guy that scanned my car said that it doesn't apply to me. does anyone have any experience with this? has anyone done this recall?

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 07:45 AM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
This doesnt apply to e46 body style cars only e90(92,91) Which do you have? You can call or stop by your local dealership and have them run your key or your Vin and see if there are any open campaigns or recalls on your car.

DT

#3 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 07:55 AM
n00b

shiloh is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Recall

That's the problem, I contacted the dealership and had them run the VIN number and they said that, that recall doesn't apply to my car, only because my car was produced in a different month than the ones that were recalled. Which I think is a bunch of BS...if you're recalling cars, same year, make and model for the passenger side occupany mat failure; and my car has that exact problem, then it should be covered too.

I've worked in a mass production wharehouse before, and parts that we used to produce one product, sometimes gets used months later on another batch in production. Therefore, if it was a certain part that is the culprit that was installed on cars produced, lets say between Jan and May and you recall those...but then there's cars produced between Jun-Oct and they have the same problem...why aren't they covered under that recall? that pisses me off! and as nice as this car drives; things like this really deters me from buying another one in the future.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 08:01 AM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
you can call BMW customer relations and voice your concerns. The # is in your owners manual. Sometimes they will offer goodwill assistance in cases like yours.

DT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)