BMW Werkz banner

05 325i Trunk Rattle Noise

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sudoloop 
#1 ·
Just purchased a new 05 325i and I am noticing a rattle from the drivers side trunk area. Rattle happen on bumpy roads at lower speeds. I removed the spare tire and jack and i am still noticing the rattle. I road around the block in the trunk and it sound like it is coming from the wheel well area. Does any one have any idea what this could be? What can I expect BMW service to do any ideas would be great.

#2 ·
Originally posted by sudoloop@Dec 12 2004, 04:17 PM
Just purchased a new 05 325i and I am noticing a rattle from the drivers side trunk area. Rattle happen on bumpy roads at lower speeds. I removed the spare tire and jack and i am still noticing the rattle. I road around the block in the trunk and it sound like it is coming from the wheel well area. Does any one have any idea what this could be? What can I expect BMW service to do any ideas would be great.
[snapback]248678[/snapback]​
They should be able to get it taken care of. It may be the rear deck instead of the trunk. Noises can seem to come from odd places when driving that aren't necessarily near where the true source is located.

#3 ·
Originally posted by rgzimmer+Dec 14 2004, 10:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rgzimmer @ Dec 14 2004, 10:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sudoloop@Dec 12 2004, 04:17 PM
Just purchased a new 05 325i and I am noticing a rattle from the drivers side trunk area. Rattle happen on bumpy roads at lower speeds. I removed the spare tire and jack and i am still noticing the rattle.  I road around the block in the trunk and it sound like it is coming from the wheel well area.  Does any one have any idea what this could be?  What can I expect BMW service to do any ideas would be great.
[snapback]248678[/snapback]​
They should be able to get it taken care of. It may be the rear deck instead of the trunk. Noises can seem to come from odd places when driving that aren't necessarily near where the true source is located.
[snapback]250318[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Oh yea rattles can be tricky! Put the Mechanic in the trunk as you take him down the road--so if he can isolate it or not :eek:uch

#5 ·
thanks for the follow up post about the shock assembly. i just bought an 05 also and was irate at hearing that rattle after leaving the dealer. i drove from new england to florida and the rattle ate at me the entire ride!! do you mind if i ask the name of the dealer and city you had your issue taken care of at? i will have to have the car serviced in florida, and in case they are clueless, i can give them a dealer to reference the problem and fix. most appreciative.

#6 ·
Originally posted by sudoloop@Dec 31 2004, 04:39 PM
Just got the rattle/noise fixed at a BMW service center it was a shock assembly the needed to be tightened down. The service tech told me that he had 2 other cars that had the same problem.
[snapback]261914[/snapback]​
The same thing occurred with my new 04 325i Sports. I live in Melbourne Australia and within the first two weeks I got the noise on the passenger side (drivers side if you are in the US) rear. The problem was the shock assembly as described. Sounds like a common bad part or assembly line fault.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.