BMW Werkz banner

04' 325i (good Or Not?)

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  battleship_potemkin 
#1 ·
hey guys:
I am getting ready to close on a deal for an 04' 325i with 12K miles. Perfect condition, most basic package though.
No wood trimmings
No power seats
No Xenon
It was a loaner car.
This has a very good certified warrenty and it is sold by one of the most prestigous bmw dealerships arround.
The price on it is 24K
Is it a good deal? Can I resell this car for a good value in the future even tho9ugh the packaging is not perfect?
Thanks

#2 ·
Originally posted by drag0n@Mar 5 2005, 04:19 PM
hey guys:
I am getting ready to close on a deal for an 04' 325i with 12K miles. Perfect condition, most basic package though.
No wood trimmings
No power seats
No Xenon
It was a loaner car.
This has a very good certified warrenty and it is sold by one of the most prestigous bmw dealerships arround.
The price on it is 24K
Is it a good deal? Can I resell this car for a good value in the future even tho9ugh the packaging is not perfect?
Thanks
[snapback]304523[/snapback]​
Hmmm...24k sounds like a good deal to me, so it would be about 26k out the door. I bought a 2001 325i for 20k and it had 30k miles...however I have the sports package and some of the warranty still left. Question for the peeps out there...do all 325i's come with steptronic??? I have that as well...I didn't know if that was an option or a standard feature. :blink:

#3 ·
Hey
Thanks for your reply.
Well, its actually 23K OutTheDoor and thats with my 98' Honda Accord LX trade in.
It has 10 years of bumper-bumper warrenty with 3-4 years of full service free of charge (oil changes etc...)
I love the deal, I want it badly, but the only thing is that i see that the 06' model for the 3s are completely different in every aspect so I dont want to buy a car which will go out of style in a couple of months. Do you think it will matter? Maybe for at least 1-2 years people will not notice right? I mean what about all those new 05's sold... they dont have the chance to trade them for new 06's when theyre out... so I guess Im okay with an 04' at least for a couple of years right?
Thats my only concern, other then that, the car is great, tiptronic trans, everything a 3 has except for the wood trimmings, or power seats.
What do you guys think? Im buying the car tomorrow so please make your comments before then hehe :)

#4 ·
There's a lot of options available on the 3 series besides wood trim and power seats.

It it's truly stripped, your missing out on a lot of options. Then again, 23K OTD is pretty decent for an '04, despite no options.

Here's your packages:

Sport Package - 17 inch wheels instead of 16's, sport suspension, 3 spoke sport steering wheel, 12 way power adjustable sport seats

Cold Weather Package - 3 stage heated front seats, folding rear seats, ski-bag, headlight washers

Premium Package - leather, moonroof, myrtle wood interior trim, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, rain-sensing wipers, assist

Other stand alone options include Harmon Kardon stereo, Bi-xenon headlights, park distance control, navigation.....

So, there's much more than just wood trim and power seats available. Sounds like your really itching for an E46, but make sure your going to be happy with it for the long haul w/o any of the options or packages.

If it were me, there's 2 things I'd get for sure in the 3 series - sport package and 5 speed manual tranny. The rest is just bonus. Many will say the xenons are a must - I have them and agree they are nice, but I'd give them up for a sport package or manual if it came down to it.

Good luck :thumbs

#5 ·
Originally posted by drag0n@Mar 5 2005, 07:19 PM
hey guys:
No wood trimmings
No power seats
No Xenon
It was a loaner car.
The price on it is 24K
Thanks
[snapback]304523[/snapback]​

It sounds like an OK deal --- I think you could do much better. Sorry to be so blunt; I picked up my 2005 325i last week and paid 29, 500 ---- Leather, alarm, 8 way seats, wood trim, auto trans, and upgraded wheels.

#7 ·
Originally posted by jefft325i@Mar 7 2005, 12:21 AM

If it were me, there's 2 things I'd get for sure in the 3 series - sport package and 5 speed manual tranny. The rest is just bonus. Many will say the xenons are a must - I have them and agree they are nice, but I'd give them up for a sport package or manual if it came down to it.

[snapback]305405[/snapback]​
Jefft, you're obviously a man of great taste!

That's exactly what I was looking for back in January when I bought my '05 325i. I got just the manual tranny, sports package, Xenons, silver gray metallic paint, and brushed aluminum trim.

After two months the only thing I find missing is a sixth gear (which I would've gotten if they'd offered it) for those long trips to NSB, FL.

DragOn,

I don't think you'll do a whole lot better. They don't discount as much for a stripper, and I don't think there are any incentives on an '04. Is it a Steptronic? I only ask because though it's listed as an option, most people assume it by default unless you tell them it's a manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.