BMW Werkz banner

'03 330Xi, just had inspection II... what comes next?!?!?!

2K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  zibby 
#1 ·
Hello Guys, I am new here...
I just picked up my 330xi last week, a big change from my 540, but I am getting used to it!
The stealer told me not to do any maintenance until the service indicator tells me -another 24k kilometers! (15k miles)
Should I not change the oil?
the dealer says no.

the car has 80k kilometers, (50k) and I assume the oil has only been changed as the service indicator advised.... this does not seem right to me, is it really ok?!

In the inspection II, do they change plugs and air filter?
is there a site that lists what should have been done?

I want to be sure I am not neglecting anything that may not have been part of inspection II.

What things should I be concerned about with this car in the future, 60k miles? 80k miles?
What needs attention?

THANKS
Chris

See less See more
#5 ·
zibby said:
3 series E-46 are equiped in "long life" NGK spark plugs and do not need to be changed till 96000km(60K miles) or till inspection II, procedure for all inspections is the same as on"Bimmerzone" e-side.

But if I just had BMW do the inspection II, at 80k kilometers, should they have changed them? would it not have been part of the price?

Thanks!

#10 ·
I would agree with the fiff and tranny "lifetime" fluid being a joke!

My 540 also has "lifetime" and if you don't service it at 100k intervals, it'll cook
I just rebuilt the tranny at 120k miles, probably because the previous owner believed everything the dealer told him!

ALSO... what kind of oil and filter should I be using for a north east climate?

#13 · (Edited)
SharkmanBMW said:
http://www.bimmer.info/~lowell/
just check out the first 2 items on that page... BMW serviced 3 series with sludge inside!

should I just do the change at the dealer at a more frequent rate or buy the oil there and let my indy do it? (do they sell the oil to the public?)
I change every 12000km (7500 miles) or at least one per year.You can buy oil and filter at any BMW dealership ,change the oil yourself it is easy job.
BTW there is no need to change this particular oil more often!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.