BMW Werkz banner

01, 330ci Blower For The Heater/ac Stopped Working

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  grtmoby 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2001 330 convertible. For some 1-2 weeks the blower that blows the hot air or the cold air from the went was varying speed automatically. But since 2-3 days now it has stopped completely. It was 13 F today in Atlanta. I froze , thank God my heated seats were working.

I have done some reading on the web and My understanding is that there is a resistor pack that might bad. I am mechanically inclined but I need instructions. Is this a job that I can do and if it is can someone please tell me or guide me how to do it.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Ajay

#4 ·
Hi there,

About four months ago, my 2001 325Ci had similar symptoms, in terms of wildly varying blower speed (although mine never stopped working altogether - and being in Southern California, the temperatures weren't as uncomfortable as yours :uggh ). The following post might be helpful (in particular, Dirty Tool posted a link to some pictures):

http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/index.php?...topic=17238&hl=

I'm very non-mechanically inclined, so fortunately my car was still under warranty. Took it to the dealer, told him the problem, and his first thought was the so-called 'final stage'. After he replaced it, the climate control's been fine.

Hope that helps...

Cheers,
Mat

#5 ·
This is a defective blower resistance. If you got it out and had a look it is like a base full of needles on it. This is the part respnsible for controlling the blower speed stages when it is defective the air speed varies on its own regardless of your setting or if you try to push the fan speed button. when it is dead the blower will not work at all. Thus, u need to replace it....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.