'00 323ci Rear Vue Mirror Came Off Windshield - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 07:32 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BobNayar is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello everyone. I need some help with my 2000 323ci. While putting on a jacket in the car, my hand hit the rear view mirror and it seems to have come off from the mounting. There is a hexagonal mounting gizom up on the windscreen, and the mirror was dangling from a wire (that is used for auto dimming). I removed the plastic pieces from either side of the mirror, and unplugged the socket holding the wire to the mirror. Now, I need to mount the mirror back on, but have no clue how to proceed because I have never seen a mounting mechanism like this before.
If anyone can provide some input on this, I would really appreciate it.

You can also email me at nnayar"AT"ptd.net

Please remove the "AT" in the address above.

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 06:53 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BobNayar is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by BobNayar@Nov 14 2004, 08:32 PM
Hello everyone. I need some help with my 2000 323ci. While putting on a jacket in the car, my hand hit the rear view mirror and it seems to have come off from the mounting. There is a hexagonal mounting gizom up on the windscreen, and the mirror was dangling from a wire (that is used for auto dimming). I removed the plastic pieces from either side of the mirror, and unplugged the socket holding the wire to the mirror. Now, I need to mount the mirror back on, but have no clue how to proceed because I have never seen a mounting mechanism like this before.
If anyone can provide some input on this, I would really appreciate it.

You can also email me at nnayar"AT"ptd.net

Please remove the "AT" in the address above.

Many thanks.
[snapback]230962[/snapback]

Took the car to my mechanic and he put it back on - no charge!
It was a very easy thing to do. Note that I had already taken the plastic pieces apart, and disconnected the wiring harness (to prevent the wires from breaking since the mirror was just hanging by the wire alone).
My mechanic first reattached the wiring harness. He then held the mirror with the stem making a 9:45 (a la the clock). He pressed down and then turned it counterclockwise down (vertically), and viola, it locked into place. We then put the plastic pieces on either side, and we were done!

Hope this helps someone else in the same predicament.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)