Zkws & Car Working Fine Now! Thanks Umnitza! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 01:50 AM
quality

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Okay so forget everything I've been ranting. I admit I'm an idiot. My battery died so instead of just getting a jump from my neighbor..I spent the last 4 days tearing my engine and fuse box apart trying to find a complex solution...anyway...the wiring on the Ballasts and ZKW was fine....the ZKWs work fine....Thanks Umnitza.

So my neighbor came over tonight to check my alternator and he figured that we'd jump the battery first just to get it outta the way...of course all the power and lights came back on in my car the minute I turned the key.... duhhh!

Anyway the HIDs are nice...but I drove around the block and parked to look at them from the distance to see if I needed to adjust anything and I noticed a few problems with the ZKWs (well potential problems):

1) The driver's side headlights were fogging up already? used, It hasn't rained, or anything and I've only driven the car a few yards and for a minute or so. Anyway it went away since then and did not return. Why would $700 ZKWs fog in dry cool weather (40 degrees out)? and what am I to expect when it actually rains?

2) Also the driver's light (again) seems to be tilted about 20-30% above the flat line of the hood. So when I pull up behind other drivers at the red light. My HID on that side floods their cabin with white light. I mean I could see the back of this one guys head in such details. Anyway can projector HIDs be adjusted like reflectors? If so how? Ididnt see anything in the back of the low beam housing. used

3) The HIDs are too white white (like my old silverstars)..I thought the 6000k luminosity was bluish white side. I got the 6000 k. But someone on an HID forum said the 6000 k plus HID lights will be white for the first few times its on and then it will become bluer and bluer over the first few weeks of driving. Is this true? Also I thought the lights were very bright but not much brighter than my old silverstars....even though the HID light output (in terms of distance from the front of the car outwards) is phenomenal the brightness seems average and on par wih silverstars....see pictures...Am I wrong here? used

Anyway...thanks again Umnitza...I love the lights....just ship them with paperwork next time...enjoy the pictures....

Enlarge this thumbnail for HID luminosity and color variations:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3HIDvs4300ani.gif
Views:	49
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	17376  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 01:56 AM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
man lights arent your lucky spot eh del?>

#3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 02:06 AM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
they look much "bluer" than the silverstars...

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 02:07 AM
5th Gear Member

any pics of high beam btw?

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 03:10 AM
1st Gear Member

DoTheDew is an unknown quantity at this point
They fog up once every season. If it happends frequently for 2 weeks straight u got a problem.
#6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 03:25 AM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by DoTheDew@Feb 14 2005, 02:10 AM
They fog up once every season. If it happends frequently for 2 weeks straight u got a problem.
[snapback]291608[/snapback]
Okay....I'll let you guys know...but I love them so far.
Does the 6000k HID get bluer over time. I thought it was a little on the white 4500k side...no biggie just curious when I compare with T-Mac's 6000ks
see below

#7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 04:12 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I'm glad you're back on the road. I don't know if your lights will get bluer. 6000 K is supposed to be only slightly blue. I personally want white light, not blue, yellow, purple, etc.

Enjoy your new lights.

#8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 08:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Gator is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad you're up and running. The only bright side is that it is a good lesson learned. Always check the battery before wasting a lot of time on other things. I can't count the days and money spent uselessly before I learned this. I even had a battery that started the car just fine, but at a gas station after 10 miles, it was shorted so badly that it couldn't even be jumped. That one cost be 2 days and a lost weekend.
#9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 10:09 AM
5th Gear Member

better cancel that appt. you got with bmw, lol

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
#10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
5th Gear Member

zeaq has a spectacular aura about zeaq has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to zeaq Send a message via MSN to zeaq Send a message via Yahoo to zeaq
Del..i hope this guy is not reffering u...

Last post...

My BMW 328i- AC Schnitzer Spoiler, Blaupunkt Stereo,Angel eyes(CCFL), M technik Lower Lip.

928 GTS- Stock
Z
#11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 12:23 PM
4th Gear Member

93 325i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 93 325i
I got 6000k and they have the blueish/purple tint. They are spot on to factory HID color..

Complete mod list and pics:

My 1993 325i
#12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 04:30 PM
quality

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by zeaq@Feb 14 2005, 10:39 AM
Del..i hope this guy is not reffering u...

http://www.328i.org/viewtopic.php?t=24

Last post...
[snapback]291694[/snapback]

I think he was...I'm the weenie who spend $700 on HIDs...but he uses me as an example to say the members here only care about HP increases and overblown junk mods...

I hate when someone who bought and drives a BMW telling some other BMW owner/driver that he's spending too much money on something...that's retarted we all drive expensive cars here so who to start slinging stones that is not guilty of spending too much for something...I'm sure that 328i driver could have told himself..."hey why don't I spend $1000 instead of $10,000 and buy a beat up 1981 Chevy Pinto...insteda of this expensive overblown 328i.....

#13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 04:46 PM
What? No Autobahn?

jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile
they're a bunch of social outcast retards over there. They sit there and say they don't want their forums to be like this one with whining weenies and then he posts about his post being deleted over here! haha what a tard

#14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 04:50 PM
What? No Autobahn?

jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile
another thing I don't get is... why start a forum for just 328s? here is the typical conversation that wil happen over there...

"I have a 328... yup... it's faster then a 325 and 318 but not as fast as a m3... yup... hmmm... I'm bored... me too...."

Also I love it how someone called m3 drivers stuck up. It's like they're in high school over there or something it's hilarious. I've been reading their posts just becuase they're hilarious

#15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 04:55 PM
What? No Autobahn?

Also Del,

the fact you never tested your battery makes me angry. But I'm glad it's all working now for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)