Ya...another Vibration Question... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 02:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
doughnutboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry guys....i searched through the forum for all the vibration related issued...but im not exactly that rich to put out a few hundred for trial and error...Basically when i am going 80mph on the freeway and go to make a left turn my car starts vibrating, then as soon as i hit 95mph the vibration stops...Im sure it has to do with my bushings somehow, but would it be upper or lower? and which side of the car would the bushing need to be replaced on? or should i just go ahead and replace both? its only when i make a left turn changing lanes or just following a curve. About a week ago my left tire blew out while i was on the freeway, is that maybe a cause of the vibration that was going on? Im trying to get all this crap figured out in the next 3 weeks. Then i have to go on a 3000 mile road trip for a funeral in colorado. Would it be safe to wait it out til i came back from colorado? or am i going to risk being stuck in the middle of a desert half way to colorado? haha...im guessing if i were to get new bushings id go with the m3 ones...i read those were a nice upgrade...thanks again guys...i appreciate all the help.

-Jeremy
doughnutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 09:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
e36surge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to e36surge Send a message via MSN to e36surge
get under the car with a 'small' pry bar and check to see if there is any loose on the left side where your bushings are. What I normally do is lift the car until the wheel is in the air, and check the bushings. Then I use another jack to support the wheel weight and check those same points.

You have a number issues though. Did the blowout and ensuing short drive on a flat tire and rim cause the rim to go out of balance? Did it bend your rim?

I'll my mechanic and see what he says and relay his opinion.

That's why we're all here, we love the cars but we want to keep the cost of keeping them down. This forum has saved me a lot of money in the short time I've been here.

1979 320is RiP
1994 318is Sold
1995 325is Sold
1995 530i Sold
2004 M3
e36surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
doughnutboy is an unknown quantity at this point
The bowout on the tire was after or during the vibration, i had to drive on the rim a little but its bent up now so im not using it anymore...i have the full spare on it now but im still getting that vibration. Ill try going under there with a pry bar and seeing what i can come up with. You think it might be safe to drive a couple thousand miles on it?
doughnutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
e36surge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to e36surge Send a message via MSN to e36surge
Just my opinion , but, I wouldn't take a long drive in a car unless I'd know for sure she was stable. I drive fast so a little vibration makes me nervous...but that's me being a little too picky. I'd get the front end looked at. tie-rods and such. Better safe than sorry.

Was your vehicle vibrating at all before the blowout incident?
e36surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)