BMW Werkz banner

X brace

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  bimmerfan620 
#1 ·
Hey whassup guys......quick question on the x brace. I have a 92 325i with out the brace......im looking to do a full suspention install very soon. <shocks, springs and swaybars> and was wondering if I should install an X brace or will the other components im installing be enough. Just wanted to know what performance gains ill get if I do put in the x brace or should I skip the expense and just go with the other components. Thanx again for all your help. ..........Doug

#2 ·
I've heard this is one of the best mods. It not only tightens up the chassis but adds protection for your oil pan and eliminates alot of the squeeks(?) and rattles. Often you can find one on ebay for less than the normal $200, usually around $100.

#5 ·
get the X brace, but not without also getting strut tower bars, and your actual suspension mods, i.e. springs/coilovers. I would also check into a lower rear tie bar.. They tend to hold the lower ass end together very nicely for a more firm feel into corners..

#6 ·
thanx for the help guys......I was looking on E bay and found an x brace for fairly cheap. Thats where the question stems from. I guess Ill pick it up. The more I investigate.......the more this costs.....at least my ride will be proper when Im finished.....ill keep everybody posted.....ive been stocking parts and as soon as the weather gets better and more consistant, im gunna transform the stock platform to the beast that she derserves to be.......

#8 ·
Originally posted by Doogle325@Mar 2 2004, 06:35 PM
thanx for the help guys......I was looking on E bay and found an x brace for fairly cheap. Thats where the question stems from. I guess Ill pick it up. The more I investigate.......the more this costs.....at least my ride will be proper when Im finished.....ill keep everybody posted.....ive been stocking parts and as soon as the weather gets better and more consistant, im gunna transform the stock platform to the beast that she derserves to be.......
send me the Ebay Auction # for the X brace you found... I want to check it out.....

#10 ·
No, I'm not going to buy it. that isn't top priority for my to do list just yet... I just wanted to check it out and see what it looks like...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.