Wiper problems. Have washer spray, but no f/r wipers - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:29 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
budget76 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Wiper problems. Have washer spray, but no f/r wipers

Well, i'm having problems with my wipers, and i'm trying to track down the cause. Just bought the car a week ago, trying to get it ready to pass inspection.

INFO:
Previous owner had a problem, the wipers would come on with the key in the accessory position, so he wired in a switch so that he could turn them off. Says they acted perfectly normal with the car running, just not with the ignition in the acc position. They were working prior to my picking up the car. I now have no front or rear wiper action whatsoever, only the washer fluid works.

I don't think the switch in the column is bad, because the [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]washer[/COLOR][/COLOR] motor still works perfectly. From my reading, it's possible it's the wiper [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]control [COLOR=blue ! important]module[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] has died, but i'd like to test this if someone knows how, as I don't think this is it. All fuses are good, tried putting in different ones. I also doubt the motor is bad.

Only thing I have to check tomorrow is I think he tapped into the wiper acc. wire for the radio remote wire. I'm wondering if the radio could be drawing too much, and not leaving enough juice for the wipers? I know it's a long shot

thanks for any help

1995 318TI base. 95 2.5L from 325IS. e36 M3 front struts and brakes. H&R race springs F+R. Bilstein Sports F+R. Turner Motorsport front sway bars, M3 front control arms. M Roadster rear sway bar. Racing Dynamics strut brace. e36 325i 5spd. 3.25lsd from e28 535is. M Roadster short shifter. Conforti chip. AC+Fan delete. Cool air intake. e36 remus exhaust+cat. M3 front spoiler. Club Sport seats. Roll cage with 5pt harnesses and cross brace. M3 gauge cluster. Momo steering wheel. 17's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 07:47 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
budget76 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
well, nevermind, figured out the front wipers. Rear will get tackled later.

Turns out the PO messed with the ign. on + wire that goes to the control module, and it wasn't connected to anything, so no power was signaling the module to turn on. Haven't had time to do the rear yet. I thought it was something like this, but it took me a couple days to find.

1995 318TI base. 95 2.5L from 325IS. e36 M3 front struts and brakes. H&R race springs F+R. Bilstein Sports F+R. Turner Motorsport front sway bars, M3 front control arms. M Roadster rear sway bar. Racing Dynamics strut brace. e36 325i 5spd. 3.25lsd from e28 535is. M Roadster short shifter. Conforti chip. AC+Fan delete. Cool air intake. e36 remus exhaust+cat. M3 front spoiler. Club Sport seats. Roll cage with 5pt harnesses and cross brace. M3 gauge cluster. Momo steering wheel. 17's.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 08:07 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Glad you found the issue

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)