BMW Werkz banner

Wiper Blades - What Size?

34K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Live_the_Curves 
#1 ·
The driver's side wiper blade on my '94 325i is 20"...but the little computer thingy at Kragen Auto says it should be 22".

Anyone know what the correct blade sizes are?

#2 ·
Originally posted by frank3@Mar 18 2005, 09:27 PM
The driver's side wiper blade on my '94 325i is 20"...but the little computer thingy at Kragen Auto says it should be 22".

[snapback]314386[/snapback]​

According to Bosch USA, driver's side is 21" and passenger's side is 20". Which is exactly what I have on my car.

#3 ·
I saw 20-22 inches for driver and 20 for passenger. I put 21 and 20 I think and it works perfectly, I say I think because i know I was looking at the 20 and 20 but I think 22 is too long.

#4 ·
22" for drivers side, 20" for pass side. Sure you could use a 21 or 20 on the driver side too. Test it and check it out. :p

#5 ·
well.. i had a little problem when i got new blades.. i went out and bought the Piaa Silacone wiper blades.. 25 bucks a piece...(20/21) like the manual said.. so i put them on, turn the wipers on, and they get cought up with eachother and break!! 50 bucks down the drain.. so i went out and bought another pair (cheaper bosh ones) and again, they got caught up.. so i said fuck it, and went to the dealer and bought new 1's... and again, i paid 50 bucks a pair, but they work...

so in closing, i wanted to say, that u should go to a dealer and original wiper blades, because they are slightly shorter then aftermarket blades!!

#8 ·
I remember looking at a bavauto mag, and the wipers they had (Bosch, and those are good blades, too. Ya don't need the "BMW" blades... they don't make them themselves, they just put their emblem on them) were the exact same stuff you can get at pepboys or whatever... for around the same price or a bit cheaper. It's not a big deal, just walk in, say you need wipers for your '94 325i BMW, and it's their job to know what to hand you... If you're a girl, they'll even put them on for you! :nana

#9 ·
Originally posted by frank3@Mar 18 2005, 08:27 PM

[snapback]314386[/snapback]​
Go to the dealer if you need refills for your oem wiper blades, inserts are only 2.80 each plus tax, part number 61 61 0 154 440 x 2, you have to have oem wiper blades though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.