BMW Werkz banner

Windshield wipers

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Doogle325 
#1 ·
Ok .......so Im drivin home tonight and its rainin like krazy so I have my wipers on...no big deal right?......wrong.....I stopped at the gas station and left the car runnin with the wipers on and I get out and hear this clicking/tapping sound at the same speed as my wipers were going....so I investigate the mystery sound and see that the passenger side wiper arm is smakin the shit out of the trailing edge of my hood??? Ive never noticed it cause I dont really like to drive her in the rain....thats why I have a truck.....What I need to know, is, is there any way to adjust the wiper arms so it doesnt do that anymore... The hood opens and closes cleanly and the carfax doesnt say anything about front end damage so I dont think its a maladjusted hood.. Any suggestions would be appriciated.....Thanx once again for your infinate knowledge....

#2 ·
LOL, that sounds kinda funny.

Sorry. First things first. Did you check to make sure the wiper is securely in place? Did you check to make sure its the right length?

#4 ·
I beleive you can adjust the arm, but i'm not sure exactly. I know you have to change the position of the arm for the "oh so rice" one wiper mod. I'll investigate further.

#5 ·
#12 ·
it is just a nut on a tapered splined spindle.

adjustment is easiest with the hood open. remove the plastic cap at the base of the arm to access the nut.

the blade may be frozen in place so you may have to wiggle it like a bugger. you don't have to remove the arm completely, just enough to rotate it a few degrees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.