BMW Werkz banner

Window tinting

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  WickedBimmer 
#1 ·
What's the best manner to tinting your windows. Everyone in my neighbourhood uses tin foil. But I don't like this, because the're always little tiny bubbles underneath. Is there maybe a sort of paint, or something else to do this? Summer is coming, so I need some help now....... :cheers

#4 ·
Tin Foil? I wouldn't reommend trying it yourself, go to a pro its not to expensive.

#6 ·
ok well if u guys are near Long Island or NY, n u dont mind driving... theres a company called Grafik Dezine... they do the sickest work

n the guy has a m3 show car and a show mini cooper so he helps out all bimmer owners...

its 150 bucks for the lifetime warranty tints, (the real expensive stuff that most shops charge up to 300 for...)

check out his work...

http://www.grafikdezine.com/

Ull def love his work, n ur car will look hot!

n hes cheaper than anywhere for bmw owners! hes a bimmer enthusiast!

Wicked Bimmer

#8 ·
not a lot of choices around here. I've got another couple places to call so we will see.

The place does have lifetime on the work and film as well. If i was near the NY area i'd take to that shop and get it done cheaper but by the time i got there i woulda paid another $100 in gas and another $100 by the time i got back home...

#9 ·
yea, teh Silver m3 and the Silver Mini are both his... he has them really hooked up, take a look on the site, theres pictures of both the cars all over it, look under the different tabs

W.B. :cheers

#10 ·
Thanks for all your idea's. If I got the message, tinting the windows with foil?? Should I put out the windows or can it be done without that? I'm looking here in the neighbour for a handyman.... When it's ready, I post some pics!

#12 ·
yea, i used to go on DPA every once in a while, im at school in CT right now, but over the summer n vacations ill be in DPA... what kinda of bimmer u have? i look for you!

JR :cheers

#13 ·
white 92 325i...pretty much bone stock....but not for long. Summer is coming. send me an e mail when you get back into town and maybe we can meet up. Also, I was considering possibly organizing a convoy from here to the Bav auto show and shine in october. Just a thought....im not sure how many people would be willing to go. Keep checkin the forums, ill make a post after I get all the details sorted out. Im sure we can get a few atleast.
Doug

#14 ·
The best stuff we have used at the store I manage is LLumar film. We usually do a 4 door car for $165 and if the 3rd brake light has to come out, it's an additional $15. If you want Platinum film it is automatically $20 more because it is a more expensive film etc. Both the charcoal and platinum come with a lifetime warranty. I guess the price on tint varies across the US as does the cost of living...

#17 ·
Originally posted by lsmbino17@Mar 22 2004, 10:22 PM
go to a professional tinter they will usaully give you a lifetime guarantee of no bubbling or turning purple. its a little more expensive it cost me $250 for my front and back windows to get tinted but its well worth the money! :D
wooohoo
Ya every place I've called say the same things. But everyone else here is talkin 150ish.

#19 ·
Originally posted by ///M Power@Mar 23 2004, 01:23 AM
General prce around here in south cali is 150-175$ US
I found someone who does it for 10 euro per window (of course without the foil), but then i have to remove the windows..... :screwy BTW, I don't think much of this!

#20 ·
remove the windows? that is stupid! it is much easier when the windows are on the car, it is harder to have to lay the window down and it move around while trying to tint it...

#21 ·
its probably so cheap, because if u take out all of the windows... all the guy has to do is cover the whole thing with tint... theres no professional cutting or installation... taking the windows out n covering them with a giant stick is all hes doing, thats why its so cheap... the guys at the tint shops, acutally lazer cut the tint to fit ur window perfect n do it while its on the car...
the guy for 10 euros, does it teh cheap n easy way

W.Bimmer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.