BMW Werkz banner

Window Seals

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  007ben 
#1 ·
Part of my driverside window seal gets smashed up into the top of the door and has become messed up as a result.

How easy is it to pull this part and replace it? and where the could i get one? bavauto seems to have a tool to help with such a job but not the actual seal...

#2 ·
it shouldnt be hard. Weather stripping usually has a somekind of groove for it to fit a certain way in a certain spot as long as you dont use a universal kit.

#10 ·
Pelican Parts sells the front door gasket (weatherstrip) for $169.25 each.

PN 51-71-1-977-727 (driver door) and 51-71-1-977-728 (passenger door).

A trunk gasket is $48.60 each (PN 51-71-8-171-243) for 2 door models.

I'd love to replace my front door gaskets, but at $170 a pop, that's too much just for a piece a rubber. I have a few tears and rips in the door sill area of the gasket that I think I might repair with a bicycle tire patch kit or something along that line. It's nothing you see anyway since the door is closed, but the gasket could get worse if not repaired in some fashion.

#11 ·
I'm talking the window seal/gasket. the rubber piece the window meets once its up in the door on the 4doors. the 2 door models do it a bit diffrently. But from what i did see on bavauto they are still closeish to the same in price. I'm thinking wrecking yard more and more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.