Window fuse keeps blowing! help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 09:37 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nitro420SSM is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Window fuse keeps blowing! help

hello i bought a 1998 BMW 328IS about a month ago. NOTHING was wrong with at all. perfect. all it needed was a light bulb in the tail lights. everything was stock. so i put a new K&N air filter on the car. that was number one. nothing was wrong with it. then my friend and i tried to change the stock raido in the car. we put a new sterio in. nothing. (there was no sound before as i needed the BMW Raido code) so instead of buying the code i put my old deck from my other car in it. (which worked fine) plugged everything in and no sound. which i found was odd but i thought it might of been the speakers or wires going to the speakers.. no big deal so i put the stock deck back in, and bought the code. the deck wont allow me to put the new code in as it just says " CODE WAIT" i dont know what that mean.. but anyways.. sound issnt the issue right now.. everything was working fine.. on satruday last week i was driving the BMW around town. went around the corner with my window half down and thought nothing of it. went to the macs to buy a drink and tried putting up the windows. NOTHING. both windows. passenger and dirver. so i went to the fuse box. saw that the fuse was blow. so i had a extra one in the fuse box. i threw it in and bam the window worked and went all the way up.. the door was close ( as everyone knows the window drops like a inch then rises back up for a perfect seal) so the window went all the way back up. i got back in the car thinking the problem is fixed. and i tried them again and nothing. checked the fuse and blown again.. i have tried ripped apart the doors dissconnected everything with the window motors on both doors. and nothing. i think something might of happened when i tried to put my stero in. ive checked all the wires around the trunk, and everything everything i have read. i cant find to see where the short is or what is going on. as the issuse is the window for my dirver side is all the way up. so when i close the door now i have to push the window down to close it. luckly i had my friend with me and and he left his passenger door opened when we were thought we fixed it the one time . so his window door is droped down that inch so i can leave and get in the car on the passenger side. please someone tell me anything or where to look. ive checked everything. and living in canada in sault ste maire. winters comming and i need this fix.. please anything would help. thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 09:44 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nitro420SSM is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
another big issuse is.. living in Sault Ste Marie canada. there is BMW dealer ship. no shops really work on BMWs at all. i bought it to one guy and i had to explain the window dropping for at least 15 mins for him to grasp thats how BMW made the car and ment for a perfect seal. he told me there was a a short in my motors for the windows. ive dissconcected everything attached to the both doors (including the window motor) and still blow . it blows as soon as i touch the fuse to it. i dont even get a chance to get it in the spot. same thing when i disconnect the battery. as soon as i touch it, it blows... living where i live. no one works on bmws that i know. the closest shop is 4 hours away..thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)